jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Can nightmares or bad dreams cause miscarriage?

1. Sumi-Main profile image60
    Sumi-Mainposted 2 years ago

Can nightmares or bad dreams cause miscarriage?

2. JennaBDowning profile image60
    JennaBDowningposted 2 years ago

Absolutely not! The ONLY way it might... is if you have a parasomnia, for example: sleep walking, during your nightmare, and get up out of bed and physically hurt yourself causing injury to your fetus.  Dreams and nightmares normally do not cause any physical harm.

3. Wissam Qawasmeh profile image74
    Wissam Qawasmehposted 2 years ago

I've heard a story from my sister's friend but i don't know if it's true or not!
    She believies in magic and juggling, she believes that somebody did a magical act to her causing bad dreams ... these bad dreams was about seeing a man kicking ker on her stomach, and when she woke up found blood spots on her womb .. However the DEATH BLOW was when she dreamt a sexual dreem which cause an orgasm, and that orgasm is the reason of her miscarriage!!

1. cathylynn99 profile image77
      cathylynn99posted 2 years agoin reply to this

orgasms do not cause miscarriage. most common cause of miscarriage is a nonviable fetus (usually due to genetic abnormalities). another common cause is an incompetent cervix (the womb can't hold the fetus in).

2. Wissam Qawasmeh profile image74
      Wissam Qawasmehposted 2 years agoin reply to this

you're right, but what you've mentioned are general causes. But wet dream during pregnancy is unusual and cause terrible cramping
      check this out  http://goo.gl/sxTFzu
      I don't know if we allowed to add links in comment, if not, tell me to delete it

3. JennaBDowning profile image60
      JennaBDowningposted 2 years agoin reply to this

wow your sister was definitely misinformed. an orgasm can NOT cause a miscarriage. It is sad to know that she actually believed this.

4. Wissam Qawasmeh profile image74
      Wissam Qawasmehposted 2 years agoin reply to this

@Jenna Downing .. my sister's friend who believes, not my sister ... and what makes her believe is cramping caused by orgasm .. eventually, I'm a boy and don't know about these stuff smile

working