jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Did any of you choose to not tell your children that there is a Santa, Tooth Fai

1. Carb Diva profile image96
    Carb Divaposted 2 years ago

Did any of you choose to not tell your children that there is a Santa, Tooth Fairy, or Easter Bunny?

We tell our children that they should be honest--not lie. How do you rectify that with telling them the Christmas/Easter/Tooth lies?

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 2 years ago

Because kids should get a childhood.  It ends soon enough without parents rushing it.
    I always told my children Santa was the spirit of Christmas.  As they grew up, that was something they could put into context.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12775685_f260.jpg

What??? There's no Santa???
    Who has been stealing the milk and cookies?

4. YvetteParker profile image75
    YvetteParkerposted 2 years ago

-Never did the Easter bunny; but did do egg coloring and hunt.
    -Never did Santa with my children although my siblings and I grew up believing in Santa. We never saw it as parents lying to us; it was just part of our Christmas tradition until we learned better. My children, however, were not taught the Santa tradition. Once I became an adult and realized how expensive it was to gift for four children, spouse, and extended family members, I REFUSED to give someone else credit for providing the gifts to my children.
    -Did the tooth fairy thing for a short period. It just became too much to keep up with after a while as all of the children were very close in age and there were always teeth falling out. If one of the children, however, expressed disappointment that the tooth fairy hadn't visited, then somehow the next night, the tooth fairy made his/her rounds.

1. Carb Diva profile image96
      Carb Divaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Yvette. I don't see how erasing the Santa myth destroys a little person's childhood. We are a Christian family, and so the Christmas and Easter holidays always center around (for us) our Savior. But we can still give gifts and dye eggs.

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

nope, I would tell them about the Easter bunny, Halloween and Santa. They also believed about having a dollar under the pillow after taking out the tooth

working