jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

How many parents are okay with their children playing pokemon go?

1. MelangeSpace1 profile image50
    MelangeSpace1posted 19 months ago

How many parents are okay with their children playing pokemon go?

2. chuckandus6 profile image75
    chuckandus6posted 19 months ago

I believe if they are careful and responsible then it is okay.I dont believe that they should use it on Bike or Skateboard or in secluded area.

MelangeSpace1posted 19 months agoin reply to this

I don't know, i find it a bit intrusive, as it tracks location and clearly takes pictures of where the person is while they are trapping pokemon. That game is super intrusive.

3. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 19 months ago

If they are taught to play it safely it is a great way to get outside and learn about local landmarks. I've seen a lot of families playing together. It's a great way to learn math and strategy while also getting exercise.

MelangeSpace1posted 19 months agoin reply to this

This is a great way to look at it I suppose.

4. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 19 months ago

I won't allow my kids to play it due to news reports in my area that people are being lured and then robbed at gunpoint.  If they were playing with adults accompanying them, perhaps, but I personally don't have the time or interest and my kids are made to play outside without their phones.  Their aunt has it so they were excited when she took them around, but no, I won't allow it.  It's extremely intrusive and just a bad idea all around in my opinion.

5. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 19 months ago

Only if they can defend themselves and know how to get home.

6. Steph Tyson profile image59
    Steph Tysonposted 19 months ago

as long as they are safe about it and are able to multi-task meaning they will make sure to be alert while walking down a street i mean it can be fun i suppose , they will be out getting exercise .. but you hear of people not paying attention and just got their head down at the phone looking for a pokemon .. they need to watch for traffic and not walk off of cliffs or in lakes ( yep it has all happen , believe it or not) .

And of course anyone 14 and under should be with an adult or at least a group of 3 or more friends , people are crazy these days i wouldn't trust my young teen out there alone ..

I saw a father and his daughter about 9-10 years old out walking around last night when i was taking my everyday nightly walk , and she seemed to be having a blast smile so i guess what i am saying is i have no problem with it as long as you are safe smile

working