jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What impulse "buys" are you susceptible to?

1. Joel Diffendarfer profile image94
    Joel Diffendarferposted 16 months ago

What impulse "buys" are you susceptible to?

Money dissappers quickly at the checkout counter...its only $1,00! I buy things like gum, coffee...new pens...what gets you?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13323403_f260.jpg

2. Larry Slawson profile image98
    Larry Slawsonposted 16 months ago

I'm a sucker for candy bars haha.  Lately, I've been on a Snickers or Hershey's Cookies n' Cream craze.  If I see them in line, I can't help but buy them.

1. Joel Diffendarfer profile image94
      Joel Diffendarferposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Candy bars are also one of my "bad" reward systems...my real problem is I go for the large size....

2. Larry Slawson profile image98
      Larry Slawsonposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Haha!  Same here!

3. MsDora profile image94
    MsDoraposted 16 months ago

I must have an Oh Henry candy bar every time I see one.  I also fall for cute little plaques (not posters) with inspirational sayings on them; these are often a little more than a dollar.

4. elayne001 profile image80
    elayne001posted 16 months ago

I love pretty things, even if I don't like them, I may buy it just because of the color or pattern so I can look at it. Sounds weird, I know. So, I have a few colorful bottles, baskets, pillows, etc. that I really didn't need, but couldn't just leave it there because it was too pretty!!

5. alancaster149 profile image85
    alancaster149posted 16 months ago

Railway locomotives, wagons and other rolling stock. I buy kits and modify ready-to-run. As long as they're relevant to the North East of England, or might have been seen in the region, they're worth buying.
    I might buy a wagon or other railway vehicle at an exhibition - second-hand or unused - buy an underframe kit and 'marry' the two, add scale couplings and maybe change the wheels (or paint them if they're too shiny), numbers and letters might be changed according to year of build etc. Keeps the brain and fingers active.

working