jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What are the most important memories or lessons you remember from your grandpare

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 8 months ago

What are the most important memories or lessons you remember from your grandparents?

What impact did they have on your life?

2. Jeremy Gill profile image96
    Jeremy Gillposted 8 months ago

Each set of grandparents I have taught me that decisions made earlier in life affect the senior years. All four of my grandparents were loving people, but one of them smoked extensively, and died when I was only 2. The other 3 did not smoke and led active lifestyles, still going strong in their 80s and 90s.

They remind me that using certain substances has its consequences, while engaging in other recreational activities can be beneficial.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
      Rochelle Frankposted 8 months agoin reply to this

An important lesson!  We need to pay attention to the decisions our elders made and learn from them, not to judge them, but just to consider our own personal choices.

3. Shyron E Shenko profile image80
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 8 months ago

My Mammaw (grandmother) taught all her grandchildren to believe in the Lord, trust in Him always tell the truth no matter what, and He will never let you down.
    If my grandmother is not in Heaven, Heaven does not exist.
    Blessings Rochelle

4. Shining Tiger profile image85
    Shining Tigerposted 8 months ago

My mother's folks taught me how to make pretty things, how to make music together as a family, and how great food tastes that's grown in your own garden. Her mother also gave my parents exercises to help me learn to speak well.

My father's dad died when i was five and I don't remember him. His mother taught me that card games (and by extension, board games) can be fun family events, and how to walk and appreciate dogs. She taught me that you can reupholster your own furniture and, by extension, make other things for your home, instead of buying them.

5. Ann810 profile image80
    Ann810posted 8 months ago

I remember how caring, uplifting, and supportive my grandmother was. I will always miss her, and keep her memories near to my heart.

6. elayne001 profile image72
    elayne001posted 8 months ago

My grandparents taught us the value of continuing education as well as a love for music.  They always had a garden and were self-sufficient. My grandmothers always had something to send home with us when we visited like loaf of bread, a bottle of jam or other goodies. They also gave service in their community and church.