Your not a parent if you haven't................

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Lupozee profile image60
    Lupozeeposted 13 years ago

Your not a parent if you haven't .....

been weed or pooed on
    had sleepless nights
    had a shower because you were looking after your baby

1. Lady Wordsmith profile image74
      Lady Wordsmithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

laughed until you've cried over some of the gorgeous and surprising things your children have said.

secretly been a little bit pleased when your children have had a raised temperature because it means that you can snuggle up on the sofa with them and watch movies.

danced around the house like crazy people when your favourite songs come on the radio, just because having children makes you feel like doing that sometimes smile

played with toys, and felt like a child again, and loved it!

Having children is not ALL about mess and nasty smells, lol!  A lot of the time it's pretty cool and a lot of fun, in my experience anyway smile

Lupozeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Defo
        not forgetting watching Disney films smile and staring at your baby or long periods while they sleep..i used to do that loads when he was first born.

Ah, I still do watch my kids sleep a little.  That's lovely smile  Listening to their calm breathing, and trying not to laugh too loudly when they have little dreams.  One of mine talks in his sleep sometimes, which is so wonderful.

2. Friendlyword profile image61
      Friendlywordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you haven't considered SHOOTING your teenagers? What is that about? Help me understand that!

2. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Sheessh How Shitty are your kids?? hmm

My kids weren't like that all smile

Lupozeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Only have 1 baby who is 7 months and is a BOY and if you change the nappy at the wrong time which i have done a couple of times you get weed on!
      Glad to hear you have perfect children smile

1. Pearldiver profile image66
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear all this... Maybe I was just very lucky.. with their sleep patterns, health, etc. They were a cruise.. smile

3. Midnight Oil profile image82
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

Wrapped a towel over your face to change a really smelly nappy/dipper.

Cried, after your toddler has been sick literally all over the place, and you don't where to start to clean it up...

had to wait until the last second before getting changed for work or going out for fear of getting baby sick on you...

4. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

Noticed the perfume of the day smells suspiciously like peanut butter and everyone in the elevator is looking in your direction.

5. CARIBQUEEN profile image64
    CARIBQUEENposted 13 years ago

Don't worry. We all go through these phases. In time to come we would look back at this as the 'Good ole times' and just laugh away.

6. Lupozee profile image60
    Lupozeeposted 13 years ago

All these bad times are memories that when your baby is older you can laugh with them about.

My mum always tell me how once when she was changing my nappy i got up and started to poo so she had to quickly catch it with her hand HAHA...joys of being a mummy smile we laugh about it all the time especially now that i have my own little one who loves to wee just as i open the nappy and smiles at after he is done..aww love him so much

7. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

You're not a parent if you haven't secretly wished your child would sleep for a week just so you could take a shower, eat a complete meal, do the laundry-dishes-vacuuming, and have intimate relations with your significant other.

Guess I'm not a parent then!

Does it really take a week to take a shower, eat a meal, do the housework, and have a bit of how's-yer-father?!  Wow.

1. shogan profile image78
        shoganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, for the last one, if you're doing it right, it does!  big_smile

2. Rafini profile image83
        Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

(the key words are: secretly wished lol)

before my son was 4 (and put on ritalin) I could go for an entire week without accomplishing much - on a regular basis!  he'd be up before 7 am and wouldn't go to sleep before midnight (10-10:30 if he didn't have a nap).  yeah, there were many times I wished he'd sleep for a week!  lol

8. Str8up Hookups profile image41
    Str8up Hookupsposted 13 years ago

If you haven't changed a stinky,soiled diaper.

Or had your baby throw up in your face and not flinch.

You have to truly love someone with all your heart to handle that.

9. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Now that I look back on it all, and from a Granny's perspective, smelly diapers, throwing up, not sleeping, temper tantrums and all of that jazz was a breeze. If you can survive the teenage years, you can survive anything. smile

10. Purple Perl profile image49
    Purple Perlposted 13 years ago

God loves mothers.

11. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Your not a parent if you haven't ..... forgotten to wear a durex.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
      MelissaBarrettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I keep trying to wear one but I don't think I'm doing it right.

12. mcrawford76 profile image90
    mcrawford76posted 13 years ago

Your not a parent if you've never: Loved another human being more than life itself.

13. jeremytorres profile image59
    jeremytorresposted 13 years ago

I appreciate every mother who is always taking care with her child.

14. profile image52
    cinderella44posted 13 years ago

You're not a parent if you haven't sat in a doctors waiting room with a sick, screaming baby for over an hour and then had the doctor FINALLY come in, look at you, smile and say, "Been waiting long?"

And you DIDN'T kill him.  That takes a parent's patience.

1. Mommy S profile image60
      Mommy Sposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wish there was a "like" button on here like there is on facebook! LOVE your comment!

15. Mommy S profile image60
    Mommy Sposted 12 years ago

You're not a parent if you haven't

*sung "the itsy bitsy spider" 200x in a row just because it makes baby laugh

*slept in a rocking chair all night because its the only place your sick baby can sleep

*obsessed over poop

*cried tears of joy when baby hits a milestone you've worked all week on (like clapping)

*gotten the "mommy you're nuts" look from your 11 month old and worried momentarily about her teen years

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)