I am looking for my husbands biological father and have really tried and exhausted all my options. I have run to the end of the rope and do not want to give up. If anyone has any suggestions or advice on this i would love to hear it. Thanks everyone
Begin by gathering as much information as you can. Start with the basics:
* Name / nickname / maiden name / also known as * Age and birthdate * Social security number * City of birth * Mother, father, sibling names * Profession or trade * Last known address * High school / college attended * Physical description * Religious affiliation or churches joined * Clubs or organizations joined
1) Check with his last known employer. Although they are not allowed to give you specific information, they might tell you whether your father-in-law still works there, retired or moved to another city. Some older coworkers may offer additional info.
2) Your husband could speak with neighbors at his father's last known address. Many people are more forthcoming with information when a son is looking for his father.
3) Start posting old photos of your husband and his father on Facebook. Someone may recognize him.
4) Check with the missing persons department at the police station to see if they can run a check on him, or at least guide you in methods they use to find people.