jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" ?

1. Freegoldman profile image54
    Freegoldmanposted 6 years ago

when babies wake up about every two hours?

2. Monisajda profile image80
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

That's what I would like to know, too...

3. earnestshub profile image89
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

I think it is how they look when asleep that brings that saying on. smile

4. moiragallaga profile image86
    moiragallagaposted 6 years ago

Haha, come to think of it, you have a point there. The term now takes on a whole new meaning for me.

5. Corin profile image60
    Corinposted 6 years ago

That's an excellent question.I think it's because that when they are asleep you can make as much noise as you want and they won't wake up. This is available only if they are doing their nights...

6. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

My children where always sound sleepers even the day I brought them home from the hospital. They even slept through my bf pounding on the roof all morning as he is putting on new shingles....

7. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 6 years ago

how about "sleep like a rock"... What in the world does that mean?!!! Rubbish!!! Rocks don't sleep! They only "rock out"

1. kmackey32 profile image81
      kmackey32posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well they dont move and just lay there....

8. ThoughtSandwiches profile image83
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 6 years ago

I tend to switch back and forth between..."slept like a baby," or "slept like a rock."  More recently, I have adopted, "she slept like a box of baby rocks."  That's just me though...

9. Jessicablox profile image60
    Jessicabloxposted 6 years ago

Sometimes when we are away from work.. We sleep like a baby without any "tension"...

10. landocheese profile image86
    landocheeseposted 6 years ago

That is funny. When a baby does sleep they are pretty hard to wake up though, but you're right - they don't sleep for too long. At least at first.

11. chanroth profile image61
    chanrothposted 6 years ago

I had a good laugh with klarawieck remark. LOL...I think because they look like a baby when they sleep. Maybe the suck on their thumb sleeping because baby does that. I'm not sure...I only tell people that they act like a baby...hardly I say sleep like a baby.

12. chanroth profile image61
    chanrothposted 6 years ago

I had a good laugh with klarawieck remark. LOL...I think because they look like a baby when they sleep. Maybe the suck on their thumb sleeping because baby does that. I'm not sure...I only tell people that they act like a baby...hardly I say sleep like a baby.

working