Louisiana Chicken Recipe
This chicken recipe as name suggest was first invented in state of Louisiana in United States of America. So this one is one of the very few dishes which can be called truly American dish. It is tastier than KFC original recipe (my opinion). Again it is easy to cook and doesn’t have too much of calories as you get in chicken dishes from big chain houses. Of course it is easy to cook and children love this chicken too. It is better to give children this chicken then chicken or beef burgers.
1. Chicken Portions: 4, any part of the bird would do.
2. Canned Tomatoes: 400grams / 14 oz chopped in to small pieces.
3. Chicken stock: 300 ml / 10 fl. oz.
4. Corn oil: 5 Tbsp.
5. Red Onion: 1 Large chopped.
6. All purpose flour: 6 Tbsp.
7. Green Capsicum / bell peeper: 1 de seeded and chopped.
8. Celery stalks: 2 chopped.
9. Garlic: 2 cloves finely chopped.
10. Fresh Thyme: 2 Tbsp fresh.
11. Red chilies: 2 fresh, deseeded and finely chopped.
12. Pepper to taste.
13. Salt to taste.
14. Corn salad and fresh thyme to garnish.
1. Take a large heavy bottom pan.
2. Heat oil.
3. Add chicken.
4. Cook over medium heat.
5. Stir occasionally and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or till it turns golden.
6. Take a big perforated spoon.
7. Transfer chicken in to a plate.
8. Now in the pan with oil stir in flour.
9. Cook on very low heat for 15 minutes, stirring continuously.
10. The flour would turn light golden in color.
11. Now add the celery, onion and green bell pepper.
12. Now cook for couple of minutes stirring continuously so all side of bell pepper are cooked evenly.
13. Now add thyme, garlic and red chilies.
14. Cook for one more minute stirring continuously.
15. Now add chopped tomatoes with its juices.
16. Slowly add chicken stock now.
17. Now from the plate take the chicken and add it to the pan.
18. Cover it and cook for 45 minutes on simmer.
19. Check the chicken. It should be cooked through and tender.
20. If not then cook till it is tender.
21. Now season it with salt and pepper.
22. Transfer to warm serving plates.
23. Garnish with corn salad.
24. Sprinkle thyme.
25. Serve hot.
1. While cooking flour in oil the heat should be very low.
2. Care should be taken that flour don’t get burnt.
3. Pan should be heavy bottom or the ingredients would stick to the bottom of the pan.
Do you think American dish are as tasty as Indian dishes
More Recipes From me
- Chicken Egg Fried Rice
This recipe is for both kids and adults. It is very tasty dish, easy to cook and is liked by both children and adults. This recipe contains egg, chicken and rice which are all liked by everyone including children. This dish is especially for those mo
- Chicken Korma
Chicken Korma is a very tasty dish from South of India and since it is from South India so it is full of calories. If you are not watching your weight then you should try this dish. Very tasty and this dish is little dry in consistency as compared to
- Mushroom Bhajji
My personal favourite in vegetables is mushroom. Mushrooms are not only easy to digest but are very healthy. Here I am going to put one easy recipe of mushroom. Mushroom is easy to get and it got nice colour and texture and makes a very appealing dis
- Chicken Wrap
This can be used as a snack or as a lunch. Children like it very much and its ingredients are very easily available and it is very easy to make. It is light on stomach, less on calories and high on taste and health. A must for any woman with young ch
- Silky Chicken Kebabs
Kebabs have been favorite dish of Muslim Indian Royalty since long. They used to employ special cooks to make kebabs. It was said that if a cook is not Kebabs then he doesn’t know cooking at all. Kebabs are usually made from mutton ( lamb or goat mea
- Chicken Mushroom soup
Mushrooms are my favorite. You can literally add them to any dish or soup. Mushrooms are easily available all over the world. They are cheap and healthy and easy to digest and lend great taste to the dish. Mushrooms should be washed thoroughly before
- Bombay Potaoes
This is a very simple potato recipe. It is used all over India and is basically a side dish but can be used as main dish too. It is very easy to make and makes any food very tasty. People carry this dish during travelling and eat it with puri and man
- Chicken Coconut soup
Coconut is extensively used not only in Indian cooking but also in Thai, Malaysian, and other South East Asian cuisines. Coconut is used in many forms. Coconut can be used as coconut milk, coconut pulp and also as dried pulp of coconut. Coconut oil i