Chicken Coconut Soup Recipe
Chicken Coconut Soup
Coconut is extensively used not only in Indian cooking but also in Thai, Malaysian, and other South East Asian cuisines. Coconut is used in many forms. Coconut can be used as coconut milk, coconut pulp and also as dried pulp of coconut. Coconut oil is also used not only for cooking but also for massaging the skin and as hair oil. Coconut is light on stomach and even coconut oil doesn’t have much calories and brings down bad cholesterol.
1. Dried cellophane noodles: 120 grams or 4 Oz.
2. Chicken Stock / vegetable stock : 1.25 liters or 40 fl. Oz.
3. Lemongrass: 1 crushed.
4. Ginger: ½ inch piece, peeled and finely chopped.
5. Chicken Breasts: 2, skinned and boneless. Cut in to thin slices.
6. Kaffir lime leaves: 2 thinly sliced.
7. Red Chili: 1 deseeded, chopped.
8. Bean sprouts: 60 grams / 2 Oz.
9. Thai Fish sauce : 2 Tsp
10. Coconut cream: 240 grams/ 8 fl. Oz.
11. Lime Juice: 1 Tsp
12. Scallions: 4 green parts finely chopped.
13. Cilantro / coriander leaves: For garnishing
1. Take the dried noodles and put them in a pan.
2. Cover the noodles with lukewarm water for 30 minutes to soften them.
3. If the packet of noodles has instructions to soften them, use that.
4. Drain well and set aside.
5. Take a large pan and pour stock in to it.
6. Bring stock to boil.
7. Now put the heat to simmer.
8. Now add red chilies, ginger, lime leaves and lemon grass to stock.
9. Simmer it for another 5 minutes.
10. Add chicken pieces and let it simmer for another 3 to 4 minutes.
11. Add coconut cream, fish sauce and ½ tsp lime juice and simmer it for another 4 minutes.
12. Now add bean sprouts and scallions to the stock.
13. Simmer it for another minute.
14. Now taste the soup and add more of fish sauce and lime juice according to taste.
15. Now divide the softened noodles in to 4 bowls.
16. Now bring the soup to boil.
17. Add the soup in the bowls containing noodles.
18. Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves.
19. Serve hot.
More Recipes By me
- Chicken Coconut soup
Coconut is extensively used not only in Indian cooking but also in Thai, Malaysian, and other South East Asian cuisines. Coconut is used in many forms. Coconut can be used as coconut milk, coconut pulp and also as dried pulp of coconut. Coconut oil i
- Chicken, Avocado And Chipotle soup
Soups are very important part of the food. They are usually used as appetizers but can be used by those who are on diet as soups usually are very healthy and have very less calories. Also since these days we usually put lots of fibrous ingredients in
- Chicken Mushroom soup
Mushrooms are my favorite. You can literally add them to any dish or soup. Mushrooms are easily available all over the world. They are cheap and healthy and easy to digest and lend great taste to the dish. Mushrooms should be washed thoroughly before
- Prawns In Coconut Milk
Sea food is though not something we guys from New Delhi are used to but this is very popular in western coastal regions of India especially in state of Maharashtra. Being coastal area Prawn and coconut are in abundant supply there. One of very tasty
- Bombay Potaoes
This is a very simple potato recipe. It is used all over India and is basically a side dish but can be used as main dish too. It is very easy to make and makes any food very tasty. People carry this dish during travelling and eat it with puri and man
- Fish Tikka
Fish tikka is one of the authentic Indian cooking. This dish is definitely Punjabi and since there is no sea near Punjab so only fresh water fish is used in this dish. Fish Tikka is famous now in all over India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and in parts of wo
- Kashmiri Chicken
Kashmir is the Northern Most part of India. It is one of the most beautiful place on earth. One poet said about Kashmir that if there is paradise on earth then it is here in Kashmir. Because of rich culture and history of Kashmir, it has developed it
- Mushroom Bhajji
My personal favourite in vegetables is mushroom. Mushrooms are not only easy to digest but are very healthy. Here I am going to put one easy recipe of mushroom. Mushroom is easy to get and it got nice colour and texture and makes a very appealing dis
- Chicken Korma
Chicken Korma is a very tasty dish from South of India and since it is from South India so it is full of calories. If you are not watching your weight then you should try this dish. Very tasty and this dish is little dry in consistency as compared to
- Chicken Do Piaza
Chicken Do Piaza goes back to Mughal era of India. How did this dish got his name no one knows but it is thought that Mulla Do Piaza ( a minister in court of Great emperor Akbar) invented it but this looks like a myth because Mulla Do piaza was not a
- Prawn and Pineapple Tikka
Prawn and Pineapple Tikka is one of very tasty dish. Pineapple gives this dish a definitely tangy taste while prawns are hot and spicy. This dish is not only healthy as it not only has prawns but also combine meat with fruit, but is also very yummy a