About Peach Salsa
I love fruit-based salsa during spring and summer. It adds sweetness and brightens up so many dishes. My peach salsa works well with fish, pork, and chicken, but it also makes a great snack with chips by itself. Like most of my recipes, I like mine on the spicy, sweet side but if you do not, please fill free to leave out the pepper and honey. All my recipes are meant as a guide to trying something new, and you should put your touch on them if you feel like you want to.
I only use fresh ripe peaches for this recipe, I have tried it with canned, and it did not turn out well, but I do not know about frozen peaches. If you try it with the frozen peaches, please comment below and let me know how it turns out. As always, I would love to hear all of your questions and comments, so feel free to post them below.
How Long It Takes
What You Need
- 5 peaches, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, fine minced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 c fresh cilantro leaves, to taste
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- Salt and Pepper, To tast
What To Do
- You can peel the peaches you like, but I like them with peel. If you want your salsa very hot, you can leave seeded peppers or add some crushed red pepper to the salsa. For milder salsa, add less peppers or none at all.
- Mix all in a bowl
- Let's chill for 2 hours or longer. The longer it sits, the better it gets. Overnight works the best
- Sever over meat, on tacos, or as a snack with chips
Other Recipes You Might Like
- What The Fork Are You Cooking: Mango Salsa
- Peach Butter
A yummy and easy recipe for old fashion peach butter, and is grate way to use up your peaches, and keep them for a long time.
- Fresh Pineapple Chicken
Chicken made with fresh pineapple, ginger and orange. A family favorite. With a recipe for steamed rice.
- Spicy And Sweet Mango Fajitas
A sweet twist to a old classic
- Roasted Chili-Lime Chicken
This is amazing sweet and somewhat spicy chicken recipes that will knock the socks off you family. It is a nice change from plane roasted chicken and will become a family favorite for summer.
- Best Basic Hummus Recipe
A yummy spread made with chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lemon and garlic. That is a really good healthy snack choice.
© 2013 Brenda