An easy side dish with Capsicum.
About the wonderful vegetable Capsicum
Capsicum (bell pepper) holds a great degree of nutritional value and accords numerous health benefits. A fresh, crisp green Capsicum is a tasty vegetable that can be a regular part of our healthy eating plan. This vegetable is low in calories and contains 0 grams of fat and a good supply vitamins and minerals. Their mild sweet flavor makes green bell peppers versatile enough to include a wide variety of nutritious recipes. Capsicum is a rich source of Proteins Fats Vitamin A Vitamin C. It promotes cardiovascular health, by helping lower the blood pressure
The vegetable helps to reduce cholesterol and thus, is effective in warding off strokes and heart attack. The vegetable is good for treating colds and fevers. It stimulates stomach secretions and improves digestion
Regular consumption of this vegetable is good for those suffering from diabetes and has been found helpful in slowing down the assimilation of fat in the intestines. Regular consumption of capsicum can help the body fight against obesity.
To prepare, wash Capsicum in cold running water. Cut the stem end and discard its inside . Remove the central core with seeds. Chop it using a paring knife into thin strips
Here I am describing a method of preparing a tasty Capsicum curry.
Capsicum Curry is prepared by combining Onion, Tomato and some spices with capsicum.
- Capsicum, - 250 gms
- Onion, - 2 (big)
- Tomato, - 2
- Turmeric powder, - ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder tsp, - ½ tsp
- Salt, - ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder, - ½ tsp
- Oil, - 2tbs
- curry leaves, - 2 strings
Method of preparation.
- Clean the capsicum and slice it into thin 2 inch pieces . In the same way cut onion and tomato into thin pieces (2 inch) and keep separately.
- Take a pan and add 2 tbs of oil and fry the onion by adding salt.When it is about to turn brown add Chili powder Turmeric powder and garam masala powder and fry for 1 minute.
- Then add Capsicum slices and cook in a slow flame by covering with a lid;
- When the capsicum is cooked add tomato slices and stir well. The water content inside the capsicum and tomato slowly comes in side the gravy.Keep stirring till the excess water content evaporates
- When the tomato is fully cooked and joined nicely to the capsicum and onion to make the gravy thicker switch off the stove and remove the pan and garnish with curry leaves .
- The tasty capsicum curry is ready to serve with Chapatti or Nan.
Please go through my Hubs,
- How to make Spongy Appam without coconut or mil...
- Recipe for fish curry.
A fish recipe.a traditional fish recipe in keralastyle.
- A tasty dish :Kabulichana MasalaStew for Chappathi,...