- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe
Andhra Chicken Curry
Andhra Chicken Curry
This is the traditional way of cooking chicken curry in Andhra Pradesh..this is very simple yet tasty recipe…the main ingredient in this recipe is the ground masala paste
- Chicken: ½ Kg or 1 pound.
- Onion: 1 Big red , finely chopped.
- Tomato: 1 big chopped finely.
- Green chilies: 2.
- Oil: 6 Tbsp.
- Garam Masala Powder: ½ Tsp.
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp.
- Cumin Seeds: ½ Tsp.
- Mustard Seeds: ½ Tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: ½ Tsp.
- Red Chili powder: 1 Tsp.
- Curry Leaves: 5.
- Salt: 1 Tsp or as per taste
- Coriander leaves: chopped for garnishing.
Ingredients for making masala paste:-
- Ginger: 1 inch chopped finely.
- Garlic 4 cloves.
- Coriander Seeds: 1 Tsp.
- Cloves: 3.
- Cinnamon Sticks: 2 size 1 inch each.
- Grated Coconut: 1 Tbsp.
- Kuskus seeds: 1 Tsp.
- Take a bowl and put chicken in the bowl.
- Marinate the chicken with red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder and 1 Tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Rub them well on the chicken and keep aside.
- Chop the green chilies and set aside.
- Now in a blender put all the ingredients used to make Masala paste.
- Add little water and blend in to a fine paste.
- Now take a heave base pan and put it on heat.
- Add 6 Tbsp of oil.
- Since we are not going to add water in this curry that is why we need so much oil as to give it taste.
- When oil is hot, add cumin and mustard seeds.
- When seeds start to spluttering add onions and cook for 30 seconds.
- Now add chopped green chilies and curry leaves.
- Sauté till onions are about half cooked and are transparent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and sauté for another minute.
- Add the Masala paste in this mixture and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken in this mixture.
- Now increase heat to high, cook the chicken for 4 minutes.
- Cover the pan with lid and reduce the heat to minimum.
- Cook for 4 minutes and remove lid. Cook till the curry is done.
- Stir occasionally as not to burn the chicken.
- When oil floats over the curry, it means curry is done.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle Garam Masala powder and mix well.
- Cook for another couple of minutes and take it off.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
More Chicken Recipes
- Hyderabadi Chicken.
Chicken chettinad, chettinad chicken curry, chicken chettinad recipe, chettinad recipe, chettinad recipes, chettinad curry, chettinad curry recipes, hyderabadi recipe, hyderabadi chicken curry recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
Buffalo chicken wings are most popular chicken dish in world. Here I present the recipe of buffalo chicken wings. Buffalo chicken wings are always eaten with blue cheese and celery. Very tasty.
- Chicken vegetable and ginger salad Recipe.
This recipe can be used as an appetizer or as a snack. Since this dish has vegetables and white meat so this is as healthy as it can get. This is one dish which comes as a blessing for those mothers who always complain that their children eat nothing
- Recipe of Sweet And Sour Chicken.
Sweet & sour chicken is fried chicken in delicious sweet & sour sauce. Sauce is poured on the crispy fried chicken and is served immediately as soon as it is made. It has rich classic Indian flavor
- Baked BBQ Chicken Recipe.
Baked BBQ Chicken Recipe is as tasty as it looks. Baked BBQ Chicken Recipe is easy to make and ingredients are easily available. Great snack and kids just love it
- Oil Free Chicken Recipe.
Oil free chicken belies the myth that you need oil to be cook. Oil free chicken does not use any kind of fat and is easy to make and yummy in taste. Spice and oil are not needed for tasty & yummy food