Another Instant Pot Potato Soup Recipe! Slow Cooker Style
Potato Soup again in your Instant Pot
Another delicious soup done in your Instant Pot. The only difference is, with this recipe you'll boil potatoes directly on the stove top and use the pot as a slow cooker. This pot is so versatile it's amazing, and you'll have easy clean up with one pot.
This is a modified Taste of Home recipe, and normally with that recipe you'll have lots of dishes and clean up.
This is a delicious and warmhearted soup sure to satisfy your soul on a a cold winter month. We love it, and hope your family will too. Is it the healthiest soup? Probably not. But who cares, enjoy your life!
Now lets get to the recipe...
- 5 1/2 potatoe, peeled cubed divided
- 2 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1-1/3 ham, steak cubed optional
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2/3 cup white onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound 6-8 oz velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Milk, optional
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped optional
- 1 cup chicken broth, or water and bullion
Get you instant pot!
- Place 4 1/2 cups of the potatoes in your large instant pot liner and set directly on the stove, add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat. Do not drain. Mash potatoes and stir in the butter.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot, Set the Instant Pot on slow cook for 5-6 hours.
- When done, stir in sour cream. Add milk if desired to thin the soup.
When it's all done, it should have a consistency of watered down baby food. The cubes of potatoes that were not mashed help give it some solid texture. Mashing some potatoes while retaining the water keep the natural starch to avoid thickeners. It's full of flavor and will give your taste buds happiness.
This is a great soup for a pot luck too, you'll just have to mash the potatoes first and lug the rest of it to work.
Excuse me while I have my second helping...
More soups to love!
- Instant Pot Taco Soup!
This is a thick and creamy soup that tastes like a taco! We love it, and hope you will too.
- Potato Leek Soup in Your Instant Pot!
This is a delicious, comforting, yet classy soup. A family favorite!
- Instant Pot Asparagus Soup
Have some fancy soup! This asparagus soup is delicious hot or cold, and you can make it in a pressure cooker in less than an hour.
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
Delicious, thick, and creamy potato soup made fast in your Instant Pot.
- Instant Pot French Onion Soup
Delicious, traditional, fast, French onion soup in your Instant Pot!
- Instant Pot Cheddar Broccoli Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Make this super-easy soup in your Instant Pot. This pressure-cooker recipe is vegetarian-friendly.
© 2020 Rebecca