Best Baked Oatmeal To-Go Recipe
Baked Oatmeal To-Go
I love oatmeal in the morning, but there are a lot of times when I do not have the time to make it and set down and eat. This baked oatmeal recipe is great to make when you have some free time and keep on hand. It works great for those busy mornings or an after-school snack or hiking, and the kids will love them. You can change them and how you like by adding your favorite fruits, nuts, and spices. You can make this vegan by subbing the egg with a flax egg and using vegan butter.
How Long It Will Take
What You Need
- 2 c. quick cooking oats
- 1 c. old-fashioned rolled
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. walnuts
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. applesauce
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 apples, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 1/2 c. raisins
- 1/2 c. coconut, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, milted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 c milk
What You Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Oil an 8-in square baking pan
- Mix all in a bowl and spread in an even layer in a pan
- Bake for 25 minutes, let cool for 10 minutes
- At this point, you can ice with powder sugar icing, top with powder sugar, cinnamon, and sugar, or whatever you may like if you want
- Cut into 4-6 squares and enjoy or place in a zip lock bag for later.
Quick and Easy Powdered Sugar Icing
This quick icing goes well with the oatmeal bars for that lovely touch that the kids would love to help you with. This is also an excellent way for kids in the kitchen, and it is so easy anyone can make it.
One c. powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
4-6 Tbsp. milk
Mix till it is as thin as you want it; add more milk a tbsp at a time to get it where you want it. Drizzle over oatmeal bars.
This icing also works well in making sweet bread like pumpkin, muffins, and cookies,
My Other Recipes You Might Love
- Great variations for French toast
French toast remains a favorite breakfast choice of many, including myself. These are a few of my favorite ways to take this old classic comfort food and a new twist.
- Roasted Chili-Lime Chicken
This is amazing sweet and somewhat spicy chicken recipes that will knock the socks off you family. It is a nice change from plane roasted chicken and will become a family favorite for summer.
- Meyer Lemon Pound Cake
A recipe for a super moist Pound cake made from Mayer Lemons. With a lemon aid recipe
© 2013 Brenda