Baked potato with chili vegetables recipe
Potato is one vegetable which is available all; the year round all over the world. People relish it and there are countless dishes which can be made from humble potato. Also potato is used nearly with everything from vegetables to meat of any kind to make dishes. Here we are going to make a very simple recipe with very little oil so the dish is healthy and it is also full of healthy and tasty vegetables so it becomes even healthier. This dish is full of vitamins and thus very helpful in fighting tiredness and for the proper growth of the body in case of young adults.
- Large Potatoes: 4
- Tomatoes: 400 grams or 1 pound
- Red Beans: 1 can, properly washed and drained.
- Yellow Cheese: 4 Tbsp.
- Mushrooms: 250 grams or 8 Oz.
- Large Onion: 1
- Garlic: 2 cloves crushed.
- Cumin Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Chili Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Olive Oil: 1 Tbsp.
- Salt: To taste.
- Freshly ground Pepper: To taste.
- Roughly chop the Mushrooms and set aside.
- Finely chop the onion and set aside.
- Grate the yellow cheese.
- Pre heat oven at 200 degrees.
- Wrap the potatoes in to a foil and bake in oven for about 90 minutes.
- While the potatoes are being baked, take a pan with heavy base.
- Heat oil in it and add chopped onions and garlic and sauté it for 5 minutes.
- Now add chopped mushrooms. Mix well and cook for few minutes till it is totally dry.
- Add chili powder and cumin and cook for another couple of minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now add tomatoes, salt, pepper and beans.
- Cook for about 30 minute more, or till the sauce thickens and forms clots.
- Now take out the potatoes and remove foil.
- With sharp knife, give vertical incision in the potatoes.
- Open the space so created... and fills it with vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve hot.
More Vegetarian Recipes
- Dahi Vada Recipe
Vegetarian recipes, Dahi vada recipe, indian recipes, low fat recipes, recipes from india, health recipes, indian food, indian dishes, recipes for breakfast, veg recipes, dishes of india, new recipes
- Hot White Chocolate.
Hot chocolate is the favourite drink of nearly everyone . This is not only mouth watering but looks very pleasant. I love the taste of this white chocolate drink and love to serve it to friends. Yummy.
- Mushrooms, Bell Pepper And Peas recipe
I posted another recipe calledMushroom Bhajji. It was pretty much liked by my friends here on Hubpages and on Facebook. They encouraged me to write variation of this healthy and tasty recipe
- Baked Bread Rolls Recipe
Bread rolls is one of the favourite snack of North Indians. It is originally a recipe from the Punjab but now it is made all over the world. Problem with the Bread rolls is that they are very unhealthy because they are deep fried. Bread rolls are eas