Best Cornbread Recipe I Have Ever Tried!
This is the best cornbread recipe I have ever tried. I pride myself in being sort of a connoisseur of cornbread, and I have tried recipes that added corn, cheese, etc. Although, never before this recipe did I try one like it. It was given to me by my Mother-in-law. She knows about good cooking! It's delicious! Every time I make this dish for a party or picnic, I always get asked for the recipe! Don't take my word for it, try it yourself and let me know how it goes!
- 3 small yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 2 cornbread mix, Jiffy
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt, or to your taste
- 1 tblsp sugar, or to your taste
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Mix all the ingredients, except the butter, together in a big bowl.
- Melt the butter and use 1 tblsp of it to grease a 9x13 pyrex. Save the rest for last.
- Pour the mixture into the pyrex. Pour the butter evenly on top. *this is an important part*
- Bake at 375 for 35-40 min depending on your oven. You can stick a fork in it and if the fork is clean when you pull it out, it is ready. Enjoy!
Other great recipes!
- Hearty Rice with Bacon, Black Beans, and Corn.
This rice is a meal by itself. It's hearty and tasty! It's great for when you want to make food for a sick friend. You can make a big pot of this rice for your friend and she/he can feed him/herself and her/his family for almost a week! It's great fo
- Michelle's Banging Chicken Pot Pie
My husband loves chicken pot pie and so I borrowed from some great recipes and then did a little improvisation and Voila! It was, in my husband' words, "banging!!"
- Healthy and Delicious Sausage Fried Rice
My family loves to eat fried rice and I change up the recipes often depending on what I have in the refrigerator, hee hee. I usually use broccoli and chicken, but this time I had zucchini and chicken sausage. I thought it was delicious! If you try it