Michelle's Banging Chicken Pot Pie
My husband loves chicken pot pie and so I borrowed from some great recipes and then did a little improvisation and Voila! It was, in my husband' words, "banging!!"
- 1 cup chicken breast, cubed
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup carrots, sliced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ teaspoon Adobo, the kind with pepper
- ¾ cup water
- 2/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 heaping tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 chicken bouillon
- ½ cup milk
- 2 9" pie crust, thawed
- mix the chicken, peas, corn, carrots, celery, water, and Adobo in a saucepan and cover. Cook until chicken turns white. Drain the water and save. Set the mix aside.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, black pepper, celery seed, and chicken bouillon.
- In saucepan mix the onion, garlic, and butter. Cook until the onions get soft.
- Add the flour mix to the onion a little at a time. Then add the water that you got when you drained the chicken- should be about ½ cup and ½ cup of milk. Simmer and stir until sauce gets thick.
- add the chicken mix to the bottom of the first pie crust, then pour the hot liquid mix over top. Spread out evenly. Then take your second pie crust and place it on top, pinch the sides, makes a few slits, and cut off any extra crust.
- Bake @ 375 for 30 min.
Other Great Recipes!
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
We loved this recipe! It was easy to make and very delicious. This is perfect for any occasion.
- Cast Iron Skillet Deep Dish Pizza
My husband had a craving for deep dish, but he wanted to try something new. So he made a deep dish pizza in a cast iron skillet. It was yummy!
- Sweet and Tangy Apple Pie
I like this recipe because the lemon juice makes the taste remind me of sherbet and I love sherbet!It was also a hit with the family and I had to share it here.