Chicken And Noodle Soup Recipe
Chicken Noodle Soup
1. Chicken breasts: 2 skin removed.
2. Water: 8 cups or 2 liters or 64 fl. Oz.
3. Black peppercorns: 4 crushed.
4. Star Anise: 2
5. Onion: 1 cut in half with skin still on.
6. Garlic clove: 1 cut in to two pieces.
7. Ginger: ½ inch piece, peeled and sliced.
8. Cloves: 4
9. Carrot: 1 peeled.
10. Celery Stalk: 1 chopped.
11. Scallions: 4 shredded.
12. Dried Rice: 115 grams / 4 Oz
13. Vermicelli noodles
14. Baby corns: 100 grams cut lengthwise and then chopped.
15. Salt to taste.
1. Take a large pan and bring the water to boil.
2. Add chicken breasts in the boiling water and let it boil for about 5 minutes.
3. Bring the heat to lowest settings on stove and let it simmer.
4. Keep removing fat from the surface of water.
5. Let chicken breasts simmer till no more fat raise to surface.
6. Now all garlic, ginger, cloves, peppercorns, onion, star anise and a pinch of salt.
7. Simmer it for 15 to 20 minutes till chicken gets tender.
8. While the chicken is on simmer, grate the carrot from coarse side so you have thin strips of carrots.
9. Strain Chicken and keep the water for later use.
10. Cool this water (stock) in the refrigerator over night.
11. This would solidify any fat left.
12. Remove and discard the fat.
13. Now boil this stock and add carrot, baby corn, celery and scallions.
14. Boil till baby corns are tender.
15. Add noodles and continue to boil for another couple of minutes.
16. Now chop the chicken in to pieces and add to this soup.
17. Cook for another minute or two
18. Check if noodles are soft.
19. When noodles are soft, pour the soup in to 4 soup bowls.
20. Garnish and serve hot.
Does this recipe excite you enough to try it out
More cooking Hubs By me
- Chicken Mushroom soup
Mushrooms are my favorite. You can literally add them to any dish or soup. Mushrooms are easily available all over the world. They are cheap and healthy and easy to digest and lend great taste to the dish. Mushrooms should be washed thoroughly before
- Chicken, Avocado And Chipotle soup
Soups are very important part of the food. They are usually used as appetizers but can be used by those who are on diet as soups usually are very healthy and have very less calories. Also since these days we usually put lots of fibrous ingredients in
- Prawns In Coconut Milk
Sea food is though not something we guys from New Delhi are used to but this is very popular in western coastal regions of India especially in state of Maharashtra. Being coastal area Prawn and coconut are in abundant supply there. One of very tasty
- Bombay Potaoes
This is a very simple potato recipe. It is used all over India and is basically a side dish but can be used as main dish too. It is very easy to make and makes any food very tasty. People carry this dish during travelling and eat it with puri and man
- Fish Tikka
Fish tikka is one of the authentic Indian cooking. This dish is definitely Punjabi and since there is no sea near Punjab so only fresh water fish is used in this dish. Fish Tikka is famous now in all over India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and in parts of wo
- Kashmiri Chicken
Kashmir is the Northern Most part of India. It is one of the most beautiful place on earth. One poet said about Kashmir that if there is paradise on earth then it is here in Kashmir. Because of rich culture and history of Kashmir, it has developed it
- Mushroom Bhajji
My personal favourite in vegetables is mushroom. Mushrooms are not only easy to digest but are very healthy. Here I am going to put one easy recipe of mushroom. Mushroom is easy to get and it got nice colour and texture and makes a very appealing dis
- Chicken Korma
Chicken Korma is a very tasty dish from South of India and since it is from South India so it is full of calories. If you are not watching your weight then you should try this dish. Very tasty and this dish is little dry in consistency as compared to
- Chicken Do Piaza
Chicken Do Piaza goes back to Mughal era of India. How did this dish got his name no one knows but it is thought that Mulla Do Piaza ( a minister in court of Great emperor Akbar) invented it but this looks like a myth because Mulla Do piaza was not a