- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
How to Make a Delicious Chocolate Banana Loaf
Making this loaf is simple, effective and great to get the kids involved. The butter and sugar can be creamed together using a food processor, after that it is just a case of adding the rest of the ingredients, mixing together and baking.
In my house we are lucky if this loaf survives the day, however if you do need to store it I would recommend up to 1 week in an airtight container.
I hope you all enjoy making and eating this as much as I do!
Rate the Taste
Loaf Tins - A good tin never lets you down
- 75g/3oz Butter or margarine, Softened
- 175g/6oz Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 450g/1lb (4 to 5) Ripe peeled bananas, Mashed
- 200g/7oz Self Raising Flour
- 100g/4oz Sultanas
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 100g/4oz Cooking Chocolate, Dark or Milk depending on taste
- A pinch of Salt
- Cream together the butter or margarine and sugar until pale and fluffy
- Gradually beat in the eggs and then stir in the mashed bananas
- Mix in all the remaining ingredients a bit at a time until they are well blended. The mixture will appear quite runny and wet but is fine and will bake well.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased and baking paper lined 900g/2lb loaf tin
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180oC/350oF/gas mark 4 for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until well risen and firm to the touch
More Chocolate Goodies
- Quick and Simple Chocolate Butter Biscuits
These biscuits are fun to make and tatse delicious. Kids love to play with the dough and can really get stuck in.
- How to Make a Simple Chocolate Ganache
This is a simple recipe to make a great cake covering or dessert topping.
- Double Chocolate Brownies
These brownies are delicious. There are many recipes out there for chocolate brownies. These are easy to make and versatile. To take them to the next level try covering them in Chocolate Ganache.