Coconut & lime cake
Coconut & lime cake
For the cake
- Eggs: 4 beaten.
- Caster Sugar: 200 grams or 7 Oz.
- Butter: 200 grams or 7 oz. Softened.
- Self raising flour: 200 grams or 7 oz.
- Milk: 2 Tbsp
- Baking Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Creamed coconut: 200 gram or 7 Oz. block.
FOR THE FROSTING
- Lime juice: Juice of 2 limes.
- Butter: 100 grams or 3.5 Oz
- Icing Sugar: 140 grams or 5 Oz sifted.
- Toasted and desiccated coconut: 100 grams or 3.5 Oz.
- Pre heat the oven to 190 C.
- Take two 20 cm sandwich tins and butter them.
- Now take non stick baking paper and line the tins.
- Now in a bowl, grate the coconut and keep aside.
- Now out of the grated coconut, put half in a separate bowl and add rest of ingredients and beat them well till a smooth batter is formed.
- Now divide the mixture in to the tins and flatten the top by a spatula.
- Now put the tins in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or till the cake is golden and if pressed it bounce back.
- Shift to cooling rack and let it cool completely.
- Now in the bowl with remaining grated coconut add lime juice and mix well.
- Microwave on high till coconut melts,, should take ½ minute.
- Now in a bowl beat butter with the icing sugar till a smooth and creamy paste is formed.
- Now mix the coconut mix in it and beat it till it becomes marshmallow consistency.
- Now fill the cooled sponges with 1/3 of the frosting.
- Cover the sides and top with the toasted coconut.
- Keep in air tight container.
- Shelf life of this cake is not much so finish within couple of days.
More Yummy Cake Recipes
- Chocolate Rice Krispie Cake
Rice krispie were introduced by Kellogg and many recipes have been made from them. This Chocolate Rice Krispie Cake is something very tasty and pleasant to eye. This yummy cake is must try at home.
- Chocolate Cake with Espresso Glaze
Chocolate Cake with Espresso Glaze is a very beautiful and tasty cake. It is easy to make and does not require many ingredients. Loved by all from kids to grandparents, it is very good for the parties
- Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
Super moist chocolate cupcakes has been weakness of many of us. Its very delicious and mouth watering cake. The recipe is easy, quick & delightful. The recipe makes 12 super moist chocolate cupcakes.
- Impossible Coconut Custard Pie
Impossible Coconut Custard Pie is a great pie. The Bisquick in the mix sinks to the bottom and creates the bottom crust. The coconut rises to the top and creates the top crust. Delicious!
- Heavenly Chipped Chocolate and Hazelnut Cheesecake
Heavenly Chipped Chocolate & Hazelnut Cheesecake is delicious . Heavenly Chipped Chocolate & Hazelnut Cheesecake is high in calories & high in taste. Very easy to make and ingredients easily available
- Italian cream cake Recipe
The Italian cream cake is easy to make, ingredients easily available & is mouth watering. Italian cream cake is rich and fluffy and is decorated with pecans and flaked coconut. yummy &melts in mouth