- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Couples Cookbook - Hearty Pork Stew, Freezer Crockpot Recipe
How do you rate this recipe
I love to cook but often find most recipes are tailored to 4 or more people, they are very rarely tailored to couples or single people. Even the ingredients are 1 cup of this or 1 jar of that. I know I could just have the left overs another day or freeze them for a later date but I often forget to eat them, and don't like to re cook a lot of things.
Then I discovered freezer crockpot cooking! Ah it is a God send. You prepare all the veg, meat and sauce before hand and bag it up and freeze it. Then everyday you just put the ready done meal bag in the crockpot, add something if you need to and let it cook! Simple! I get home from work and there is a healthy home cooked meal all ready for me, without the hassle. I prepared 10 dishes (2x5 recipes) in one go, it took 1.5 hours and I now have 10 evening meals sorted for the next 2 weeks. Cooking this way is healthier for me and my husband, cheaper, easier and we waste a lot less. We only make 2 portions of everything so we don't end up wasting food or over eating! Plus as you make more than one dish/portion at a time you can use entire cans/jars/packets so don't end up wasting stuff which you may have done halving a recipe for 4 people.
So with all that said this is my recipe for a hearty pork stew which is cooked in the slow cooker (although can be cooked on the hob just as easy) and can also be made into a freezer crockpot dish too. Although it is nice, it isn't our favourite of the freezer crockpot dishes we have tried so far. You can find more at the bottom of this hub. It is very fulfilling, meaty and a perfect winter time dish.
Hearty Pork Stew
What you will need to make Hearty Pork Stew
- 3 Pork Loins, Fat removed and cubed
- 2 large Carrots, Sliced
- 4 large Potatoes, Peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 packet french onion soup mix
- 1/2 carton Passata Sauce
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- 1/2 cup Sweetcorn, Frozen or canned
How to make Hearty Pork Stew
- You can place all the ingredients straight in a large freezer bag, no pre cooking needed at all! And freeze until the day you want to cook them
- When you want to cook the dish, remove from freezer the night before and thaw in a fridge over night
- Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker, heat on high power for 4 hours or low power for around 8 hours. You may need to add about 1/2 cup of hot water if it is a little dry.
- When it's all done, serve with a nice crusty roll and ENJOY!
Crockpots on Amazon
My Other Crockpot Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes - Chicken with Spinach and Feta
Slow cooker dishes are the easiest thing to make and this Chicken, Spinach and Feta dish is super easy and great for all the family. It is also healthy and cheap which is great for everyone.
- Slow Cooker Recipes - How to make Lamb Tagine in the...
A simple yummy recipe for a lamb tagine in the slow cooker! Its easy, its yummy, its healthy and its cheap (ish!) This gives you a great aromatic sweet moroccan stew that can be served over couscous, rice or vegetables.
- Couples Cookbook - Teriyaki Chicken Freezer Crockpot...
Freezer crockpot cooking is a great new method of preparing and cooking healthy meals. This Chicken Teriyaki recipe is perfect for busy working couples.
- Slow Cooker Recipes - Best Sausage Casserole Recipe ...
The best, most filling sausage casserole/cassoulet recipe for the slow cooker. Yummy and fairly healthy, guaranteed to be a big hit with all the family.
- Slow Cooker Recipe - How to cook a ham - Baked Ham i...
How to cook a ham in a slow cooker. Cooking a ham in Coca Cola or Coke then baking the ham in a lovely sticky aromatic glaze, it is a great yummy dish that the whole family will enjoy and will be perfect served hot or cold