Couples Cookbook - Non-spicy Chilli, Freezer Crockpot Cooking Recipe
Rate this Recipe
Freezer Crockpot Cooking
Sometimes you can just be too busy to cook a good home made meal, even though you know it will be cheaper and healthier for you than a take away or ready meal. So I found the perfect answer to this problem, freezer crockpot cooking! You prepare all the ingredients for multiple meals in one go on one day and bag them all separately and freeze them. Then on the day you want the dish you just pop the contents of the bag in the slow cooker and leave it to cook while your at work or out running errands or looking after the kids all day. Then in the evening you have a home made meal all prepared, tasty, healthy and hassle free. I spent 1.5 hours one sunday afternoon cutting veg, browning meat and mixing sauces and prepared 10 days worth of evening meals. I made 2 batches of each recipe so didn't waste any ingredients.
All my Couples Cookbook recipes are specifically tailored to couples using the freezer crockpot cooking technique. So the portion size is controlled to 2 people, which stops you over eating, which is healthier for you, and stops you wasting food as full jars/packets and cans will be used by preparing multiple dishes at once. You will find more recipes at the bottom of this hub or on my profile.
Now why did I make non-spicy chilli, well I can't eat anything spicy at all sadly. It mainly stems from an allergy to black pepper, which has meant my taste buds pretty much adapted to reject anything even remotely spicy. So I usually can't eat chilli sadly, even though I love the smell of it. So what I have done is replaced the chilli flakes and spices with italian herb seasoning. Obviously if you want spicy chilli just add mexican seasoning and some chilli flakes instead of the italian herb seasonings. All the components of a good chilli are there anyway, so it is up to you on the spice level. I hope you like the recipe either way though!
Enough to make your Hungry
Ingredients for making a Non-Spicy Chilli
- 300-400g mince beef, (around half a large pack)
- 1/2 large White Onion, Diced
- 1 can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1/2 can Kidney Beans, Drained and washed
- 1tsp Sugar
- 1tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2tsp Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1/2 small can Sweetcorn
- 1 can Baked Beans, For day of cooking
How to make of Non-Spicy Chili
- Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the onion and mince until browned
- Let the meat cool then pack all the ingredients, except the baked beans in a large freezer bag and freeze until day you want to cook
- This meal does't really need defrosting before hand, but you can place it in the fridge to thaw the night before if you want to.
- On the day you want to cook add the whole bag, plus the can of baked beans to the slow cooker and heat on high for 4 hours or low for 7-10
- When cooked serve over rice and ENJOY!
More of my Crockpot Recipes
- Perfect Pulled Pork Recipe for the Slow Cooker or Cr...
I swear to you this slow cooker recipe is the easiest recipe ever. It really is foolproof I promise! And it is so yummy, the whole family will be fighting over the last bits.
- Slow Cooker Recipes - Lamb with Figs Recipe for the ...
A great ethnic recipe for Lamb and Fig Tagine made in the Slow Cooker. This rich dish is great served with couscous, and will be a brilliant way to get new ingredients into your kids. The lamb is very tender thanks to the slow cooking and the dish is
- Slow Cooker Recipe - How to cook a ham - Baked Ham i...
How to cook a ham in a slow cooker. Cooking a ham in Coca-Cola or Coke then baking the ham in a lovely sticky aromatic glaze, it is a great yummy dish that the whole family will enjoy and will be perfect served hot or cold
- Couples Cookbook - Pork Loin in Sour Cream Sauce Fre...
Freezer crock pot cooking is a great new method to help you eat more healthy home prepared meals when you just don't have time to cook. This is a great pork recipe meat for couples!
- Couples Cookbook - Teriyaki Chicken Freezer Crockpot...
Freezer crockpot cooking is a great new method of preparing and cooking healthy meals. This Chicken Teriyaki recipe is perfect for busy working couples.