Easy Chinese Stir-Fried Cabbage With Bacon
Growing up in Asia, I remember my mother used to serve cabbage and egg stir-fry for family dinners. Nowadays, I still love to fix this simple dish at home. But instead of using egg, I add bacon. Smoky bacon gives wonderful flavor the cabbage.
Here is how to stir-fry cabbage with bacon, a Chinese stir-fry dish with Western ingredient. Do not overcook the cabbage or you will lose its crunchiness. This is a very quick dish to fix. If you are in hurry or lack of time, you can use ready to use cabbage slaw mix.
Cabbage stir-fry with bacon is a healthy dish since cabbage is high in fiber. This simple but tasty vegetable dish will be a winner at your dinner table, even for picky eaters children. The cabbage is sweet, tender but crisp with light seasoning.
What You Need
Serves 2 - 4
1 lbs cabbage, thinly shreds
5 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch-wide pieces
1 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground pepper (white)
1/4 cup chicken broth
How to Fix
- In a bowl, combine chicken broth, soy sauce, sugar, salt and ground pepper. Stir to combine.
- Heat a wok or skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the bacon in. Spread them in an even layer. Cook the bacon for 1 minute or until the bacon release its fat.
- Then stir-fry until the bacon begins to brown. Add garlic. Continue to stir-fry until garlic is fragrant.
- Throw the cabbage in and stir-fry for about 2 - 3 minutes or until it just begins to wilt.
- Pour in the broth mixture. Stir to combine. Continue to stir fry for 1 more minute or until the cabbage is tender but crisp. Transfer to serving dish.
Easy and Quick Recipes
- Chinese Stir-Fried Clams With Bean Sauce And Chili. How to Stir-Fry Clams !
How to stir-fry clams with bean sauce and spicy chili. A tasty seafood dish.
- Easy Stir-Fried Chinese Broccoli (Gai Lan) Recipe
Information about Chinese broccoli (gai lan) and how to stir-fry it.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Chicken With Mango Recipe. How To Stir-Fry Mango !
How to fix exotic mango stir-fry dish.
- Hoisin Sauce Chicken Stir-Fried Recipe
This is a recipe from my late grandmother. An easy to fix Cantonese style chicken stir-fry with hoisin sauce.
- Stir-Fried Asparagus with Spicy Sichuan Sauce Recipe. How to Cook Chinese Style Asparagus!
How to stir-fry asparagus. Enjoy spicy vegetarian dish with Chinese seasoning.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Lettuce With Garlic Recipe. A Quick And Easy Chinese Auspicious Dish.
How to stir-fry lettuce. A vegetarian dish.
- Stir-Fried Mongolian Lamb Recipe
How to stir-fry lamb. A Mongolian inspired dish.
- Stir-Fried Lotus Root With Pork Recipe
How to make "cooling" stir-fry of lotus food.