Hoisin Sauce Chicken Stir-Fried Recipe
Do you realize that stir-fry dishes from Chinese take-out restaurants taste similar to each other ?. I tell you one secret: because they use the same seasoning sauce mixture for almost every dishes. It explains why stir-fried chicken with snow peas taste just exactly the same with stir-fried chicken with broccoli.
If you get sick of the same old stir-fry dishes, then try hoisin sauce chicken stir-fried. This is an extremerely tasty chicken stir-fry dish. Unlike common oyster sauce based Chinese stir-fry dishes, hoisin sause is used in this stir-fry. Hoisin sauce is a Chinese dipping sauce made of sweet potato, sugar, vinegar, soybean and other ingredients. This sauce is used for dipping and BBQ sauce but also to flavor the stir-fry dishes in Cantonese cooking.
Just like other stir-fry dishes, hoisin sauce chicken stir-fried is low in fat, low in sodium, simple and easy to fix but definitely not simple in taste. Its robust and bold in flavor. Definitely a must to try dish !.
What You Need
Serves 2 - 4
12 oz boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, julienned
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp egg white, lightly beater
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cold water
3 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
How to Fix
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg white, Chinese rice wine, 1/2 tsp salt and water. Then add chicken to marinate. Stir to combine until cornstarch is dissolved. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, 1 tbsp of rice wine, 1/2 tsp of salt and black pepper.
- Get a medium saucepan (2 qt) and put 1 quart in it. Bring the water to boil over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil. Reduce the heat to simmer. When its very gently simmer or almost barely simmering, add the chicken pieces one by one. Make sure they do not clump or stick together. Cook until chicken pieces just turn opaque but not cooked through. Drain it into colander.
- Heat a wok over high heat. When hot, add 1 tbsp cooking oil. Then add in ginger and garlic. Stir-fry until they are fragrant. Then add bell peppers. Continue to stir fry until bell peppers are soft.
- Add chicken pieces and sauce. Stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until the chicken is done and sauce is thick. Transfer to serving dish.
Hoisin Sauce Chicken Stir-Fry with Vegetable
Chinese Stir-Fry Recipes
- Easy Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Tofu Recipe. How to make Chinese Stir fry!
How to stir-fry bok choy. A tasty vegetarian dish.
- Stir-Fried Garlicky Shanghai Bok Choy. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
How to prepare baby bok choy (Shanghai bok choy) with garlic. Extremely tasty and easy.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Bean Sprouts With Bean Sauce Recipe. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
How to stir-fry bean sprouts. A healthy dish.
- Stir-Fried Water Spinach (Ong Choy) With Fermented Bean Curd Recipe. How To Make Vegetarian Stir-Fri
How to stir-fry ong choy or water spinach.
- Yang Chow Fried Rice Recipe
How to fix Yang Chow fried rice. This is totally different variant of fried rice.
- Stir-Fried Mongolian Lamb Recipe
How to stir-fry lamb. A Mongolian inspired dish.
- Chicken With Black Bean Sauce Stir-Fried Recipe
How to use fermented black bean sauce as seasoning and how to stir-fry chicken with black bean sauce.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Lettuce With Garlic Recipe. A Quick And Easy Chinese Auspicious Dish.
How to stir-fry lettuce. A vegetarian dish.
- Stir-Fried Cantonese Beef Chow Fun Recipe
Information about Chinese broad wide noodle (ho fun) and how to stir-fry it.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Chicken With Mango Recipe. How To Stir-Fry Mango !
How to fix exotic mango stir-fry dish.
- Easy Stir-Fried Chinese Broccoli (Gai Lan) Recipe
Information about Chinese broccoli (gai lan) and how to stir-fry it.
- Stir-Fried Spinach (Yin Choi) With Garlic Recipe. How To Stir-Fry Spinach
Learn how to stir-fry spinach. Easy, tasty and healthy vegetarian dish.
- Low-Fat Chinese Stir-Fried Pineapple Chicken Recipe
How to prepare healty, low sodium and low-fat stir-fry chicken with pineapple at home.