- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- East Asian Cuisine
Chinese Stir-Fried Lotus Root With Pork Recipe
This is a stir-fried dish with uncommon ingredients: lotus root. This vegetable is root or rhizome of lotus flower plant. It has nice crisp, creamy and starchy texture. It's high in fibre, vitamin B, vitamin C, minerals and low in fat. This starchy vegetable is not only popular in East Asia, but also in Southern and Southeast Asia.
Chinese believe lotus root is a "cooling foods" or food with yin attributes. There are several ways to fix lotus root: soup, salad, stir-fry, braised, deep-fry, pickling, etc. Here is an easy recipe to make stir-fry lotus rood with pork. Lotus root is available in Asian grocery, either fresh or frozen.
What You Need
1 lotus root
1/3 cup sliced straw mushroom
4 oz pork, thinly sliced
8 oz snow peas
3 slices ginger
1 tbsp cooking oil
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
3 tbsp chicken broth
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp ground white pepper
1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
1/3 tsp salt
Cooking Tools You May Need
How to Fix
- Cut and discard the lotus rood ends. Using a peeler, peel the lotus root. Then slice it into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Wash and rinse the lotus root under running water. Drain it in a colander. Set aside.
- To make sauce: combine sesame oil, chicken broth, ground white pepper, rice wine, salt and soy sauce. Stir to combine.
- Heat a wok over high heat. When hot, add cooking coil and ginger slices. Stir-fry until the ginger is fragrant. Thrown the pork in and stir-fry 1 minute or until fragrant. Add in lotus root. Continue to stir-fry 1 minute. Then add in snow peas and mushrooms. Stir-fry for another 1 minute to combine.
- Pour in sauce mixture. Stir-fry until they are crisp-tender. Last thrown in the spring onions. Stir rapidly to combine. Turn off the heat. Transfer to serving dish.
Easy and Quick Chinese Recipes
- Stir-Fried Garlicky Shanghai Bok Choy. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
How to prepare baby bok choy (Shanghai bok choy) with garlic. Extremely tasty and easy.
- Stir-Fried Yu Choy Sum With Oyster Sauce And Garlic Recipe
How to stir-fry Chinese greens. Super easy recipe.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Clams With Bean Sauce And Chili. How to Stir-Fry Clams !
How to stir-fry clams with bean sauce and spicy chili. A tasty seafood dish.
- Easy Stir-Fried Chinese Broccoli (Gai Lan) Recipe
Information about Chinese broccoli (gai lan) and how to stir-fry it.
- Yang Chow Fried Rice Recipe
How to fix Yang Chow fried rice. This is totally different variant of fried rice.
- Stir-Fried Mongolian Lamb Recipe
How to stir-fry lamb. A Mongolian inspired dish.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Bean Sprouts With Bean Sauce Recipe. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
How to stir-fry bean sprouts. A healthy dish.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Lettuce With Garlic Recipe. A Quick And Easy Chinese Auspicious Dish.
How to stir-fry lettuce. A vegetarian dish.
- Stir-Fried Spinach (Yin Choi) With Garlic Recipe. How To Stir-Fry Spinach
Learn how to stir-fry spinach. Easy, tasty and healthy vegetarian dish.
- Low-Fat Chinese Stir-Fried Pineapple Chicken Recipe
How to prepare healty, low sodium and low-fat stir-fry chicken with pineapple at home.
- Hoisin Sauce Chicken Stir-Fried Recipe
This is a recipe from my late grandmother. An easy to fix Cantonese style chicken stir-fry with hoisin sauce.