- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
Make Fried Fish with Parmesan Cheese
Takes just a few minutes to cook
Make Healthy Fried Fish
What to make for dinner-the age old question. One thing for sure most of us know how to fry fish, but the issue is taste and texture of the final result. I had thawed out some cod fish and was contemplating how to prepare it, when a brainstorm hit. My first decision was to use grape seed oil with its many health benefits. Along with being a healthy choice it can take higher temperatures than Olive oil. The next decision was the coating for the fish. Why not try some sunflower seeds and Parmesan cheese? I crushed the sunflower seeds and parmesan cheese along with some spices to make the coating. The fish came out moist, crunchy and very good. You can also try different nuts as long as you crush them very fine.
Enjoy a healthful combination of ingredients
Ingredients for Fried Fish
- Cod fish filets, You can use other white fish
- One-half cup Sunflower seeds
- One-half cup Dry parmesan cheese
- Two Egg whites
- One teaspoon Garlic powder
- One teaspoon Seasoned salt
- One teaspoon Lemon juice
- One-half teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- One teaspoon dry Oregano
- One-quarter cup Grapeseed Oil
Instructions for Fried Fish
- Beat the egg whites with the lemon juice.
- Crush the sunflower seeds with a mallot and blend with the parmesan cheese.
- Add all the seasonings to the dry mixture and stir.
- Heat the grape seed oil in a large frying pan.
- Dip the filet in the egg mixture and then in the dry mixture.
- Fry the fish until it is browned and the inside is no longer translucent.
- If you were worried about how to cook fish, now you know how to fry fish healthfully.
Here is a healthy dinner
Eat Fresh Fish
Vote for Fried Fish with Sunflower Seeds and Parmesan Cheese
Serve the fish with fresh steamed broccoli and tomato and avocado salad. You can also serve brown rice or couscous. A loaf of crusty French bread with olive oil dip will go nicely with the fish.
Eat Fresh Fish
How often do you eat fish?
Other Healthful Recipes by Carol7777
- Easy Fish Curry Recipe
Curry sauce makes bland fish spark with flavor. This sauce is easy to make with simple ingredients.
- Easy Vegetarian Curry Recipe
Cook a vegetarian dinner with lentils and rice. Add some curry powder for taste. This is an inexpensive, healthy and delicious dish.
- Recipes for Turkey and Vegetarian Burgers
You don't need hamburger meat to make delicious and juicy burgers. Try these different ingredients for turkey and vegetarian burgers.
- Easy and Healthy Recipe For Fried Fish in 10 minutes
Try this quick and easy fish recipe. Add your own touches and ingredients.