Shrimp Cocktails--Easy and Delicious
Enjoy a Shrimp Cocktail
Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
An easy shrimp cocktail recipe l can have a variety of ingredients. There is an abundance of shrimp recipes both hot and cold that that you can serve to your family and friends, depending on what tastes they like. Shrimp cocktail is often a favorite with most and is delicious, healthy; and to boot is very low in calories for those on diets. You can make a shrimp cocktail for a lunch entree or an appetizer for dinner. Keep a bag of frozen shrimp in your freezer for when you get a yen for a shrimp cocktail. Nothing better on a hot night than a large shrimp cocktail for dinner.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking TIme: NONE
Servings: 6 to 8
Some of the Shrimp Cocktail Ingredients
- Five large tomatoes
- One-half cup of tomato juice
- One jalapeno pepper
- One-half cup of cilantro
- One tablespoon of creamy horseradish
- One and one half pounds of cooked medium shrimp
- One stalk of celery
- Two cloves of garlic
- One teaspoon each of oregano, basil, tarragon
Instructions for Shrimp Cocktail
- Chop the tomato in small pieces to fit in the blender.
- Add chopped celery, cilantro, garlic to the blender
- Remove the seeds from the pepper and chop
- Add the tomato juice to the blender
- Run the blender on high speed until everything is blended.
- Add the horseradish.and jalapeno pepper.
- Add the spices to the blender
- Blend the mixture for 30 seconds
- Chop the shrimp in bite size pieces and add the the blended mixture
- Add salt and pepper to taste to complete this easy recipe for shrimp cocktail.
Serve the shrimp cocktail in a wine or parfait glass and garnish with fresh cilantro. Whole grain crackers make a nice addition for the shrimp cocktail.
Other Healthy Seafood Recipes
- Easy Fish Curry Recipe
Curry sauce makes bland fish spark with flavor. This sauce is easy to make with simple ingredients.
- Easy and Healthy Recipe For Fried Fish in 10 minutes
Try this quick and easy fish recipe. Add your own touches and ingredients.
- Easy Shrimp Wraps
Make a savory shrimp wrap for a great lunch or dinner. These wraps are easy to fix and need just a few ingredients.