- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Fruit Ingredients
Mediterranean Pumpkin, Tomato and Goat Cheese Dip
Bring a mediterranean flair to your dinner table
There is more to pumpkin than just pumpkin pie. This quick and easy dip recipe will not only delight pumpkin lovers. Use it as a healthy bread spread, a dip with raw vegetables or serve it with baked potato or pasta. This dip can easily be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days and is a clear winner on any potluck buffet. If you don't have a food chopper or blender, just chop the garlic, tomatoes, olives & herbs very finely.
100 grams soft goat cheese (if you don’t like goat cheese, substitute with cottage cheese or cream cheese)
2 tbsp. cream or milk
150 grams pumpkin puree
4 tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled
100 grams sun dried tomatoes (if they feel very dry, soften in warm water for 30 minutes)
80 g stuffed olives
4 tbsp. mixed fresh herbs (e.g. parsley, chives, thyme, rosmary, basil, oregano or anything else you like)
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1/4 tsp. sea salt (optional, not necessary if you use goat cheese)
- Soften goat cheese with a fork and blend with cream and pumpkin puree
- Toss garlic, dried tomatoes, olives, olive oil and mixed herbs in a food chopper or blender and blend well until it forms a paste
- Fold paste into goat cheese/pumpkin puree mix until well blended
- Season with freshly ground pepper and salt
Other pumpkin recipes by Novascotiamiss
- Mediterranean Pumpkin Salad
Try out something new this winter. This colourful pumpkin salad is a definite winner as it's full of healthy vitamins.
- Quick and easy Chicken, Pumpkin and Chickpea Curry
A quick and easy curry recipe that integrates chicken and vegetables in one pot. Just the right thing for cold winter nights.
- Raw pumpkin, beet and sauerkraut salad
The health benefits of pumpkin, beet and sauerkraut are amazing. Combined together this tasty salad is a vitamin bomb that will help you fight off the flue as well as the winter blues.
- European Pumpkin Bread
There's nothing better than the taste of home-made bread. This quick and easy Pumpkin Bread is best served with soups or salads.