- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques»
Crispy Pumpkin Bread
The perfect addition to soups, salads or your BBQ
Makes 2 small loafs or 12 small dinner rolls
Preparation: approx. 20 minutes
Rising: approx. 60 minutes
Baking: approx. 30 minutes
300 grams pumpkin purée
2 tbsp brown sugar
100 ml warm water
500 grams unbleached flour
1 tsp salt
1 packet instant yeast
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- Mix together the pumpkin purée, sugar and the water.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt & yeast. Add the pumpkin mixture and work to a soft dough. If necessary, add a little more water. Knead thoroughly until smooth.
- Add Pumpkin seeds and knead until well mixed.
- Cover the bowl with a tea towel and leave in warm place until doubled in size (approx. 1 hour)
- Preheat oven to 200° C. /400° F.
- Knock the dough back down and knead briefly again. Cut dough into 2 identical pieces and shape into round loafs. With a sharp knife cut a grid pattern into the tops.
- Bake for approx. 25-30 minutes at 200° C. /400° F. until the top is nicely browned. (Dinner rolls approx. 20 minutes)
- Cool on rack covered with a tea towel.
This Bread is best served fresh out the oven or lightly toasted. Use within 1-2 days.
Goes well with soups or salads.
Other pumpkin recipes by Novascotiamiss
- Easy Pumpkin & Tomato Dip
There's more to pumpkin than just pumpkin pie. You can use your leftover pumpkin puree to make this amazingly easy dip.
- Raw pumpkin, beet and sauerkraut salad
The health benefits of pumpkin, beet and sauerkraut are amazing. Combined together this tasty salad is a vitamin bomb that will help you fight off the flue as well as the winter blues.