Mint Coconut Chicken Recipe.
I simply love this chicken. This mint coconut chicken is best eaten in winters but can be eaten at any time. This is very easy to cook chicken with the ingredients are easily available not only in a store near you but also online on EBay and Amazon.com. This chicken does not use much oil so it is healthy dish but despite low oil, it does retain its flavor and taste. Best thing is now we get puree of everything in the market. This saves lots of time which would have been taken if we had made puree of everything at home. This recipe needs pressure cooker to make it and since nearly every Indian kitchen has a pressure cooker so it should not be a problem. The best thing about pressure cooker is that not only it saves time but also it saves energy and use about 30% less energy than normal cooking. One of the best thing about it is you can manipulate the ingredients to suit your taste.
- Chicken: 800 grams cut in to 8 pieces.
- Mint Leaves: 1 cup chopped.
- Coconut Milk: 100 ml.
- Coriander Powered or Dhania powder: 1 tsp.
- Cumin Powder or Jeera: 1 Tsp.
- Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 Tsp.
- Onion: 1 pureed.
- Red Chili Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Salt: To taste.
- In a blender puree the chopped mint leaves.
- Add onion puree and ginger garlic paste.
- Blend well.
- Put this mixture in the pressure cooker and set the heat on high.
- Stir for 2 minutes when browning of the mixture starts.
- Add chili powder, cumin powder and coriander powder and mix well.
- Add salt now and stir again for about 40 to 45 seconds.
- Add chicken pieces in this mixture and stir till the chicken pieces are coated well by the mixture.
- Cook on high for another 5 minutes of so, till chicken juices evaporates.
- Add coconut milk and stir for about 10 seconds.
- Cover the pressure cooker and put weight on the nozzle on the lid of pressure cooker.
- Cook on high.
- When first whistle comes, turn the heat to low and cook for another 7 minutes.
- Chicken is read to be served.
- Transfer the chicken with contents in a dish and serve with naan, roti or rice.
Tip: Since the fresh mint leaves are not easily available everywhere and all the year round, so you can also use the dry mint leaves which are easily available in stores.
More Chicken Dishes
- Pan Fried Chicken with Cilantro Recipe.
Easy to make chicken dish. Loved by children and adults alike. Can be used as snack or main dish. Not only it is very tasty but also very healthy with very less oil used.
- Chicken, Avocado And Chipotle Soup Recipe.
Soups are very important part of the food. They are usually used as appetizers but can be used by those who are on diet as soups usually are very healthy and have very less calories. Also since these days we usually put lots of fibrous ingredients in
- Kashmiri Chicken Recipe
Kashmir is the Northern Most part of India. It is one of the most beautiful place on earth. One poet said about Kashmir that if there is paradise on earth then it is here in Kashmir. Because of rich culture and history of Kashmir, it has developed it
- Chicken Korma Recipe.
Chicken Korma is a very tasty dish from South of India and since it is from South India so it is full of calories. If you are not watching your weight then you should try this dish. Very tasty and this dish is little dry in consistency as compared to
- Chicken Do Piaza Recipe
Chicken Do Piaza goes back to Mughal era of India. How did this dish got his name no one knows but it is thought that Mulla Do Piaza ( a minister in court of Great emperor Akbar) invented it but this looks like a myth because Mulla Do piaza was not a
- How to cook butter chicken
Before India was divided in to 2 parts at time of independence , India consisted of Current day India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. With division of India , in to India and Pakistan . The state of Punjab was also divided in to two pieces, MWFP ( North we