Healthy Stir-Fry Bok Choy (variation of traditional chinese bok choy recipe)
Earn extra money writing (just like I do...)
What is Bok Choy?
Bok Choy is a chinese cabbage popular in traditional chinese food. There are many different ways to prepare bok choy (kimchi, for example is popular in Korea). However, today we will focus on preparing a healthy and delicious stir-fried bok choy.
Below, I will list out the ingredients and measurements in two separate groupings. The first will be the sauce, and the second will be the primary bok choy ingredients. The sauce will consist of cornstarch, chicken stock, sesame oil, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper. The primary bok choy ingredients are bok choy, mushrooms (any variety), ginger root, vegetable oil, chicken stock, and crushed red pepper flakes.
This healthy and delicious stir fry should serve 4 adults.
Ingredients for stir-fried bok choy
1 teaspoon of cornstarch
2 tablespoons of chicken stock
1/4 teaspoon of sesame oil
salt and pepper to taste
PRIMARY BOK CHOY INGREDIENTS:
3 cups of bok choy (washed and sliced to your preference.. generally 1/4 to 1/2 inch)
2 cups of mushrooms (washed and sliced to your preference... generally a 1/2 inch)
1 cup of onions (thinly sliced)
3 slices of ginger root
2 tablespoons of chicken stock
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes (although some people who may not like spice can do without this ingredient).
Preparation of the stir-fried bok choy
Follow these 6 simple steps for your healthy and delicious stir fry:
1. Combine all the sauce ingredients in small bowl.
2. Set your wok over a high heat for a few minutes until it is fully heated (if you wet your hands from the sink and flick the residual water onto the wok and it instantly evaporates... it is hot enough). Add the 3 tablespoons of oil, when the oil begins to smoke, add the ginger to flavor the oil. Once the ginger has turned brown, it can be thrown away.
3. Add the onions and the mushrooms. Stir constantly for about one minute.
4. Add the sliced bok choy and the crushed red pepper (if desired). Stir so that all the ingredients are well covered with the oil.
5. Slowly pour in the chicken stock alon the edge of the wok and cover immediately. Cook for about two minutes.
6. Turn down heat to medium and add the sauce, stir until thickened. Let sit for 2 minutes, and feel free to add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Serve this healthy and delicious stir fry immediately for best results. This should serve approximately 4 people. Unfortunately, I have found that cooked bok choy does not save particularly well, so eat up!
Other delicious chinese food recipes
My other hubs...
· how to start a new business: 5 basic steps to owning your own company
Start a new business from the ground up. 5 basic steps to owning your own company!
· Apple TV: How to install, connect, and configure your apple tv (simple programming system to reconfi
Install your new Apple TV! Configure Apple TV in one day!
· Lawnmowers 101: The Best and the cheapest lawnmowers
Buying a lawnmower? There is a lot to think about... the first step iw whether you need a riding mower or a push mower.
· The best Chinese food ever: Kung Pao Chicken... spicy recipe (KUNG POW!)
My favorite Chinese Recipe. Kung Pao Chicken (spicy)!
· frugal living and having fun: live like a king on a jester's salary
Live like a king on a lower income. Follow these easy steps to save money. Frugal living is the way to go!
· Financial analysis of two companies
Financial Analysis of two companies. We put Darden Restuarants up against Brinker International. See who had the better ratios, margins, etc...
· Starbucks Strategic Analysis (New strategies to stay ahead of coffee competitors)
Starbucks Strategic Analysis and Economic Analysis
· Specialty coffee industry analysis (is starbucks still the king?)
Specialty Coffee Industry Analysis. Starbucks verse Dunkin Donuts and McDOnals. Is the Coffee Industry slowly changing?
· Make Money Like It's Your Job: A Beginner's Guide To Passive Income (how to get to
Make money using passive income techniques. Residual income every day!