- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
How To Make the Perfect Denver Omelet
You may have all of the ingredients for a Denver Omelet, but do you know how to make a Perfect Denver Omelet? Cooking and folding an omelet perfectly is highly dependant upon the use of proper tools and technique. The recipe below will give you the know-how to make a perfect omelet every time.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cooked ham
- 3 Tbsp butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp chopped green sweet pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped onion
- a pinch of dried basil, crushed
- a pinch of salt
- a dash of ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp water
- Heat an 8-inch non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 Tbsp of the butter to the skillet. Cook the sweet pepper, onion and basil in the skillet until tender. Stir in the finely chopped cooked ham. Remove the skillet from heat, and cover it to keep warm.
- Heat another 8-inch non-stick skillet with fluted sides over medium heat. Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a bowl. Add the water, salt and pepper to the bowl. Beat the mixture gently with a fork to combine. Do not overbeat, as this may cause the mixture to become too frothy.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the preheated skillet. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Stir gently (and continuously) until about half of the mixture resembles cooked egg pieces. Don't over cook. Discontinue stirring, and cook for another 30-45 seconds (until the egg is set and shiny).
- Spoon most of the ham and vegetable mixture across the center of the omelet (reserving a bit to sprinkle atop the omelet after folding).
- With a wooden or plastic spatula lift one edge of the Denver Omelet, and fold it to the center. Lift the opposite edge, and carefully fold it so that it overlaps the first edge. Now use the spatula to flip the sides atop the remaining exposed mixture.
- Sprinkle your reserved ham, green pepper and onion on top of your perfectly folded omelet.
- Transfer the Denver Omelet to a plate, serve with your favorite breakfast side dishes and Enjoy!
- Easy Hash Brown Potatoes Recipe
Serve these easy to make hash browns with eggs and toast for a quick restaurant style breakfast at home. 2 lbs potatoes (6 medium) 1/3 cup finely chopped onion 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 tsp black pepper...
- How To Make a Pineappple Mimosa
The traditional Mimosa, popular at breakfast and brunch gatherings, is typically made with orange juice. This Mimosa variation uses frozen pineapple-orange-banana juice concentrate, and tastes delicious. So...
- How To Increase Hub Earnings With Comments
If your an ambitious hubber like me, it may seem like your adsense pennies are not trickling in fast enough. Hubpages, in my experiences is by far the best site for a freelance writer to gain exposure, and...