Kashmiri Lamb Chops Recipe
Kashmiri Lamb Chops.
Kashmir is the northern most part of India and it has its own cuisine. Kashmir is one of the most beautiful places on this earth and a very famous poet once said about Kashmir that if there is heaven on earth then it is here, it is here, it is here. Kashmir has lush green fields and grows world’s best saffron and kidney beans. Kashmir has rich culture traditions and even though most of the population is Muslim but there is significant number of Hindus too. So they have developed their cuisine which is a mix of Hindu and Muslim culture which reflect in their dishes too.
The Kashmiri lamb chops is one of the specialty of the region and most Kashmiri people are very fond of lamb and mutton.
These lamb chops are cooked in a very unique way as first they are boiled in milk and they are fried. Boiling in milk makes them very tender and juicy. Also it doesn’t absorb much oil when fried. Even though we use such a large number of spices in this dish, but it has very mild flavour and is delicious to eat. It is usually served with rice but can be served without anything too.
1. Energy: 480 Kcals.
2. Fat: 30 grams.
3. Saturated fats: 9 grams.
4. Carbohydrates: 17 grams.
5. Fiber: 0.2 grams.
Do you think you can make it
1. Lamb Chops: 10 each about 2 oz or 60 grams.
2. Milk: 600ml/ 1 pint.
3. Evaporated milk: 150 ml / ¼ pint.
4. Plain yogurt 150 ml/ ¼ pint.
6. All purpose flour: 2 Tbsp.
7. Cinnamon bark: 1 Piece.
8. Bay leaf: 1.
9. Fresh Ginger: 1 Tsp grated.
10. Fresh Garlic: ½ Tsp Crushed.
11. Fennel Seeds: ½ Tsp.
12. Black pepper corns: ½ Tsp.
13. Green cardamom pods: 4.
14. Red Chili Powder: 1 Tsp.
15. Salt: 1 Tsp or as per taste.
16. Fresh Mint Sprigs.
17. Lime Quartets.
1. First of all wash the chops thoroughly so that there is no blood sticking to them.
2. Now trim the chops with a knife as to remove any visible excess fat.
3. Take a pan.
4. Now place the chops in the pan.
5. Now put cinnamon bark, salt, bay leaf, fennel seeds, pepper corns and cardamom over the chops.
6. Now add milk and put the burner on high heat.
7. Bring it to boil.
8. When milk boils, lower the heat and let it cook for 15 minutes.
9. In about 15 minutes, milk would reduce to half its original volume.
10. Now add evaporated milk and bring the heat to simmer.
11. Cook till all the milk has evaporated.
12. While chops are cooking in milk, in a bowl blend yogurt, floor, red chili powder, ginger, garam masala, crushed garlic and a pinch of salt.
13. Now when chops are done remove the chops from the pan, leaving behind all the whole spices.
14. Now add chops to the yogurt mixture.
15. Now in a heavy base deep pan and put oil in it and heat it.
16. When oil is heated, lower the heat and add the chops in it.
17. Fry till they are golden brown, turn them once or twice while being fried so they cook well from all sides.
18. Transfer Chops in a service dish.
19. Garnish with mint sprigs and lime quartets.
20. Serve hot with rice or as a snack.
More recipes from me
- Ginger Chicken Wings
Chicken is probably the most eaten meat all over the world. Chicken is healthy and delicious. It is easy to cook and is available easily everywhere. This recipe involves a very good combination of ginger and chicken. It is as healthy as most other ch
- Tuscan Chicken
Tuscan chicken is a popular chicken dish in the Korean region. It is dry so no gravy in this chicken. It is usually eaten in dinner. This recipe of chicken has lots of tomatoes and mushrooms in it along with some other vegetables so it is healthy foo
- Vegetable Curry With Tofu
Tofu is a kind of cheese made from Soybean. Since soybean is the richest source of proteins so it is very healthy. This dish has lots of vegetables and tofu so it is definitely very healthy as it is rich in proteins but very low on fats and literally
- Prawns In Coconut Milk
Sea food is though not something we guys from New Delhi are used to but this is very popular in western coastal regions of India especially in state of Maharashtra. Being coastal area Prawn and coconut are in abundant supply there. One of very tasty
- Chicken Korma
Chicken Korma is a very tasty dish from South of India and since it is from South India so it is full of calories. If you are not watching your weight then you should try this dish. Very tasty and this dish is little dry in consistency as compared to
- Mushroom Bhajji
My personal favourite in vegetables is mushroom. Mushrooms are not only easy to digest but are very healthy. Here I am going to put one easy recipe of mushroom. Mushroom is easy to get and it got nice colour and texture and makes a very appealing dis
- Stuffed Bananas
Banana is one of the most liked fruit in whole of world. It is easily available and very cheap all over the world. It is full of carbohydrates as it is generally thought but it is also full of minerals, fibers, vitamins and is very tasty and healthy.
- Chicken And Noodle Soup Recipe
A very healthy soup, easy to make and is usually well liked by children. It doesn't have many spices so easy on palate and stomach. A very tasty appetizer.
- Mussels with mustard seeds and shallots
Mussels can be found all over the world . They can be sea water or fresh water mussels. Despite mussels are found in abundance all over the world yet not many people eat them. They are not only delicious to eat but also healthy. Before cooking mussel
- Railway Pork
Pork is red meat and is not very healthy. Also pork has lots of fat in it so pork should be eaten with restrain. Railway pork is an authentic Indian recipe which contains pork with lots of vegetables. It is very tasty and easy to cook. Ingredients ar