Chicken And Orange Salad Recipe
Chicken and orange salad
Chicken And Orange Salad
This is also known as Roast Chicken Salad with Orange Dressing. It is very easy to make. Takes only a few minutes to make and is very healthy. It has got right combination of meat, vegetables and fruits. It is very tasty and children would love to eat this. It can be eaten as full dinner or as side dish. Though chicken can be replaced by lamb or pork but I am partial to chicken. If served properly then it is very pleasing to eyes too.
1. Chicken: 350 grams / 12 Oz of roasted chicken, boneless and thinly sliced
2. Cucumber: 1 thinly sliced
3. Spinach Leaves: 250 Grams / 9 oz fresh.
4. Parsley leaves: 30 grams / 1 oz
5. Red Apples : 2 Medium Size
6. Walnuts: 100 grams / 3 Oz toasted and chopped.
7. Lemon Juice : 1 Tbsp
8. Parsley Spring: Fresh and flat leaves to garnish
9. Orange Wedges : To Serve
1. Sour Cream : 1 Tsp
2. Orange Juice: 1 orange
3. Olive Oil: 2 Tbsp
4. Orange Rind: finely grated rind of ½ orange
1. Take a large service platter. (If platter is not available then use a large plate).
2. Wash and drain spinach and parsley leaves.
3. Now arrange these leaves on the platter alternatively.
4. Now on the leaves put the thin slices of the cucumber.
5. Sprinkle chopped walnuts on cucumber and leaves.
6. Now on top of leaves and cucumber slices, arrange chicken slices neatly.
7. Now core both apples and then cut them in to halves.
8. Now brush all 4 halves with lemon juice.
9. Now slice the halves and arrange them along with chicken slices.
10. Now place all the orange dressing ingredients in to a tight lid jar.
11. Shake jar well to mix the dressing ingredients.
12. Now put the dressing over the salad.
13. Garnish with parsley leaves.
14. Serve immediately with orange wedges.
Tip: Cut pieces of apples should be brushed with lemon juice to prevent rusting(discoloration) of apples.
Does this salad looks tasty and easy enough to make?
More Food Hubs By Me
- Chicken Korma
Chicken Korma is a very tasty dish from South of India and since it is from South India so it is full of calories. If you are not watching your weight then you should try this dish. Very tasty and this dish is little dry in consistency as compared to
- Bombay Potaoes
This is a very simple potato recipe. It is used all over India and is basically a side dish but can be used as main dish too. It is very easy to make and makes any food very tasty. People carry this dish during travelling and eat it with puri and man
- Kashmiri Chicken
Kashmir is the Northern Most part of India. It is one of the most beautiful place on earth. One poet said about Kashmir that if there is paradise on earth then it is here in Kashmir. Because of rich culture and history of Kashmir, it has developed it
- Mushroom Bhajji
My personal favourite in vegetables is mushroom. Mushrooms are not only easy to digest but are very healthy. Here I am going to put one easy recipe of mushroom. Mushroom is easy to get and it got nice colour and texture and makes a very appealing dis
- Chicken, Avocado And Chipotle soup
Soups are very important part of the food. They are usually used as appetizers but can be used by those who are on diet as soups usually are very healthy and have very less calories. Also since these days we usually put lots of fibrous ingredients in
- Chicken Coconut soup
Coconut is extensively used not only in Indian cooking but also in Thai, Malaysian, and other South East Asian cuisines. Coconut is used in many forms. Coconut can be used as coconut milk, coconut pulp and also as dried pulp of coconut. Coconut oil i
- Whole Chicken Soup
This is another wonderful chicken soup. Tasty to eat. easy to make, pleasing to serve,healthy and light on stomach. Kids love it. Try it out.
- Chicken And Noodle Soup
A very healthy soup, easy to make and is usually well liked by children. It doesn't have many spices so easy on palate and stomach. A very tasty appetizer.
- Chicken Mushroom soup
Mushrooms are my favorite. You can literally add them to any dish or soup. Mushrooms are easily available all over the world. They are cheap and healthy and easy to digest and lend great taste to the dish. Mushrooms should be washed thoroughly before
- Chicken and tarragon soup
Another very healthy and tasty soup recipe. Children love this soup. Last time we had one of my nephew loved it and he is only 6.