Kerala Style Spicy Kadala Curry : Chickpea curry
Kadala Curry or Chickpea curry
Here comes yet another spicy curry from the dining table of kerala - kadala curry. Kadala or chickpea curry is commonly used in kerala. Due to its spicy nature, kadala goes well with rice products.. Mostly the combination is Puttu and Kadala curry.. Any way Kadala goes well with idiyappam, palappam etc. In some areas it's seen that Dosa and Kadala curry as a combination..
Chickpea - soaked overnight and cleaned
Preparing the kadala curry
- 1 Cup Kadala, Chickpea - soaked overnight and cleaned
- 1 Cup Onion, Sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Corainder Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- Salt, to taste
Kadala Curry preparation
Step by Step Instructions
- Soak Kadala overnight, clean and cook the same using a pressure cooker, with needed amount of salt
- Slice Onion, finely, Now take some cooked kadala and grind it in mixer..
- remove the skin of Ginger and garlic, crush the same
- Heat Oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves - let it splutter
- Add onion and saute till the same once the onion turn brown color.
- Now add Masala powder and saute , later add some water from the cooked kadala, again saute, now add the grinded Kadala - this makes the Kadala curry more thicker and tastier..
- Now Add the whole Kadala and saute till the same starts boiling..
- Once the masala is done with the kadala, Off the Gas and Serve hot.
Rate my Kadala curry recipe
Stages of kadala curry preparation
My other recipes
- Nadan Kerala Style Spicy Prawn roast : from my mothe...
Prawn Roast of Chemmen Roast Recipe is the simple kerala style recipe. It is easier enough and simple receipe for preparing Prawn. There is step by step pictures too included to describe the procedures, correctly and to be in order. The prawn recipe
- How to make Puttu : Kerala Breakfast Recipe
Puttu is one of the favorite recipes of Kerala. It is the favorite breakfast for us. Puttu is an easy made food and doesn’t require much work to be done. The usual combination is Puttu and Kadala (Brown Chickpea) Curry or Puttu, Payar (green gram cur
- How to make Palappam - traditional breakfast of Kera...
Palappam is the traditional breakfast of Kerala. It is one of the important dishes during the functions of traditional Suriyani Christians. It is made of ‘Pachari’ white rice. It is sometimes known as vellayappam. It is usually served along with coco
- Snake Gourd in Chilli Style Recipe : Padavalanga in ...
Let me share a new recipe using snake gourd. Snake gourd is otherwise known as padavalanga in Malayalam. This is an experimented dish made out of snake gourd, the recipe seen in a magazine, my version