- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Orange Chicken Recipe
Orange-Orange and Orange...Whenever I out for shopping vegetables, i only find Orange.The season is for Orangey, so why not try something with orange. I love to do an experiment with chicken, so the first thing, come into my mind is Orange Chicken. I tasted the dish first in a nearby restaurant in my locality, and from that time I determined to make its own. It is an American Chinese Dish and easily available in all American fast food centers. My hubby loves it too much. So I prepared the dish yesterday, as weekend special dinner.
Rate Orange Chicken Recipe
What yo need to make Orange Chicken
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 200gm Chicken (Boneless), Cut into small pieces
- 1/2cup Spring Onion (White part), chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger (grated)
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger julienne
- 4-5 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 4 tbsp All purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 3 tsp Chinese rice wine
- 4-5 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Orange Zest
- 1.2 tbsp White pepper powde
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame oil:
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 Egg
- Few Green part of Spring onion and sesame seed, for garnishing
- 3 piece Red Chili
For Making The Orange Sauce:
For making the Orange Sauce, mix 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice with 2 tsp Chinese rice wine, 1 tsp rice vinegar, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp white pepper/black pepper powder,1 tsp cornflour,4-5 tsp sugar, 1/2tsp sesame oil (if not available, add sunflower oil), salt (as per your taste).
If the Orange is not very sweet then add more sugar.
Note:Prefer to use white pepper powder instead of black one, it helps to make the color of the dish more orangey.
For the Batter
For Batter, mix 2 tbsp cornflour,4 tbsp all purpose flour,1/2tsp baking soda, 1 Egg, 1tsp oil and pinch of salt. Beat properly so that no lumps remain.
How to make Orange Chicken:
- First marinate the chicken with t tbsp orange juice,1 tsp grated ginger,1tsp chinese rice wine,1/2tsp White /black pepper powder,and pinch of salt Cover it and keep for minimum 30 min.
- 3. Take a wok and put oil.Duck the chicken into the batter,drop the excess batter and deep fry on high flame the chicken till brown and crispy.
- Take a plate and cover it with paper towel. Now keep the fried chicken on the plate, to reduce excess oil.
- Take another wok and heat the cooking oil.Add the garlic and ginger (julienned), red chilli.Cook for sometime.Add chopped spring onion.Cook for 2 mins.
- Add chicken and orange zest and mix them well.Cook on high flame.
- Now low the flame and add the orange sauce.Stir well and cook still it become thick.If you need, you can cover it for sometime.
- Orange Chicken is ready to serve.Garnish with sesame seeds and green part of spring onion.
More Yummy Chicken Recipes
- Nawabi Chicken Recipe | Nawabi Murg Recipe|How to ma...
Nawabi Chicken Recipe | Nawabi Murg Recipe|How to make Nawabi Murg Recipe --A mughlai dish...Hope you all enjoy it
- Chicken Chilli Dry Recipe | Chili Chicken Dry Recipe
A Most Common Chicken Recipe for all cook ...
- Mughlai Chicken Recipe : A spicy Indian Chicken Dish
It is one of the spicy chicken dish I ever made.The taste is awesome.Try it @ Home.Hope you all like this recipe
- Kashmiri Chicken Recipe
Kashmiri Chicken Again a chicken recipe..Ha Ha...My relatives called me chicken freak.This is the first time I try the dish.I got this from my childhood friend Poulami. She is a great cook.The specialty of this dish is Kasmiri Chili. There is no...
- Schezwan Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
Schezwan chicken stir fried, the chicken dish is very easy to cook, You get best result in microwave cooking.
- Chicken Curry with Sweet Potato :A Healthy Indian Ch...
Chicken Curry is one of the most easy and healthy chicken recipe according to me. I learn this from my mother.As I told earlier in my another hub Recipe-Fried-Schezwan-Chicken, that I love chicken. We used to cook this once in a week still now. It...
- Dhania (Coriander) Chicken Recipe
Coriander Chicken , a spicy delicious chicken recipe
© 2014 M K Paul