- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Quick and Easy Cannoli Cream Pie Recipe
Cannoli Cream Pie
First, the story behind the pie
I can't take credit for inventing this recipe but I will take credit for sharing it. A while back I went to one of my favorite local Italian restaurants. My friend Joe happens to be the owner of this fine establishment. I hadn't seen him in a while so I asked the waitress to ask him to come over to my table so I could say hello. He came over, we hugged and caught up on life. We both work a lot of hours and other than our kids attending college, not a whole lot had changed since the last time we met. After finishing my dinner the waitress brought over a complimentary slice of pie. The first thing that popped into my head was Oh My Goodness...I just ate enough for two people, where am I going to put this? I mustered up every ounce of energy I had and took a bite of this Cannoli Cream Pie sent down from the Gods. It was rich and creamy and sweet and smooth and Oh My God DELICIOUS!
Joe came back over to my table and I told him he didn't have to do that but I'm glad he did. He smiled and told me that a lot of his customers tell him "They love his cannoli cream and wish they could have it all the time." Then he rattled off the recipe without even thinking about it and I REMEMBERED EVERY DETAIL.
With that said I would like to Thank you Joe for making life a little bit better. After tasting this Cannoli Cream pie I hope you agree.
- 1 Pie Crust, Grahm Cracker or Traditional
- 8 oz. Melting Chocolate, Coarsely Chopped
- 1 oz Vegetable Oil
- 4 cups Cannoli Cream
- 2 oz. Sliced Almonds
- 1 8oz. container Cool Whip
- 1 glass Wine, Your Favorite
Tools you will need
Oven or Toaster oven
Pastry Brush or Barbecue Brush
Star Pastry Tube
All Ratings (Good or bad) are greatly Appreciated.
- Open a bottle of your favorite red wine and pour it into a decanter.
- Now pour a glass for yourself and anyone that might be helping you.
- Take 1 sip of wine and set it aside.
- You can use a pre-made store bought pie crust or you can make your own. In this recipe I used a store bought Graham Cracker Pie crust. Take the plastic cover off the pie crust.
- Place 8 ounces of chopped chocolate bars into a microwave safe measuring cup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is soft enough to stir. Add the vegetable oil and stir until the oil is no longer visible.
- Using a pastry brush or barbeque brush to coat the inside of the pie crust. Be sure to get the sides also. In addition to adding flavor, the chocolate will keep the pie crust from getting soggy.
- Place pie in freezer for 8 to 10 minutes until chocolate is dry.
- Take a sip of wine.
- While the chocolate is drying place the sliced almonds on a cookie sheet and toast until light brown. Toasting of the almonds brings out more of the flavor. Be careful when toasting the sliced almonds because if you turn your back for a minute they can burn. I use a toaster oven and peek in on them often. Also have an oven mitt and plate handy.
- As soon as the sliced almonds start to turn brown, remove them from the oven and carefully dump them on a plate. If left on the cookie sheet they will continue to toast and might even burn.
- By the time the almonds are out of the oven the chocolate on the pie crust should be dry. Remove the pie crust from the freezer and place on working surface.
- Gently spread the cannoli cream into the pie crust until it looks even.
- Place a star pastry tube into the pastry bag then add Cool Whip into the bag. Top the cannoli cream any way you like. Chances are if you have a pastry bag and star tube you know how to use it. If you don't have a pastry bag or star tube you can top the cannoli cream with Cool Whip using a spoon and spreading it evenly. Don't be too critical on how it looks because the taste will more than make up for any imperfections.
- Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top of the pie.
- Drizzle some left over chocolate on the pie and there you have it!
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Take a sip of wine.
More Quick and Easy recipes
- Quick and Easy Grilled Salmon
Salmon is one of my favorite foods and it's so easy to cook. Not only is salmon delicious but it's a great food if you're watching your cholesterol. I'll show you how I prepare it and cook it on the grill the "Quick and Easy" way. Enjoy
- Quick and Easy Potato recipe
This is one of my favorite potato recipes. It's quick and easy and the whole family loves it. Enjoy!
- Quick and easy Baked Chicken Recipe
This is one of my favorite Chicken Recipes. It's Quick and Easy and the whole family loves it. Enjoy!