- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
Ramen Soup-Make it Healthful
A Package of Ramen Soup
Soup Recipes: Ramen Made Healthful
Those little packages of Ramen soup that you eat when you are in a hurry or there is nothing else to fix--why not add some healthy ingredients. This packaged soup has become a staple in many homes, and can be a staple for college students on a strict budget. It is cheap and filling--two important ingredients for those watching the pennies. Being of healthy conscious spirit, I figured out some ways to make this quick, easy and cheap soup have a little more substance. My husband loves anything with noodles in it so I was motivated to make Ramen soup a bit healthier. I made some changes in the preparation of the soup, and we enjoy a lunch with this recipe a few times a week, and I don't feel guilty about not getting enough veggies in our diet.
How To Make Ramen Soup
For you Ramen novices out there, preparing this soup is as easy as putting in two cups of water in a pot, waiting for it to boil, and adding the noodles and the little sodium filled packet. The soup is ready to eat in about 3 minutes after coming to a boil. Ramen comes in a variety of flavors: chicken, shrimp, beef and oriental (not sure about that one). If you just want a quick and filling lunch you may stop here and have lunch for less than 20 cents. However lets create a nutritious lunch and eliminate the sodium filled packets of imitation flavors.
Get creative with Ramen soup
Ingredients for Basic Healthy Soup
- 1/2 Cup Spinach, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Celery, Finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Parsley or Cilantro, Chopped
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice or cider vinegar
- Seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Garlic powder
Instructions for Ramen Soup
- Put four cups of water in a large pot or add half vegetable stock and half water.
- Add choice of vegetables--chopped.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add a variety of seasonings to your taste.
- Add two packages of Ramen noodles and cook for three minutes.
Other Healthy Soups to Try by Carol7777
- Thick and Creamy Tomato Vegetable Soup Recipe
Make this healthy vegetable soup and get your minimum daily requirement of vegetables.
- Recipe for Chicken Hodge podge Soup
Make this delicious chicken soup for your entire family. The soup is a completel meal.
- Lentil Soup Recipe: Creamy and Spicy
A good bowl of soup is tasty in the summer and winter. Lentil soup is easy to make and delicious to eat and has many vitamins and minerals.
Now for the real Ramen Delux Soup
I have shared a few ideas for a basic and healthy Ramen soup. You can get very creative, use a variety of leftovers and eliminate using the flavor packet that is 35% sodium.
Other things you can add to the soup:
- Jalapeno peppers (fresh or canned)
- Left over chicken, beef or shrimp
- thinly sliced carrots
- finely chopped broccoli
- cooked cabbage
- chopped onions
- thinly sliced squash
- chopped fresh or canned tomatoes
- any cooked left over vegetables
- fresh minced garlic
- grated parmesan cheese
- curry powder (indian flavor)
- cumin (mexican flavor)