- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Recipes for Chicken Soup
Chicken Soup Recipe
Chicken soup the proverbial cure all for everything from colds, flu to feeling out of sorts. I love this easy home chicken soup recipe because it is easy, fast, delicious and nutritious. Change it up as you wish with different veggies and seasonings, just remember that you do need the chicken. If there happens to be any leftovers, they go immediately in the freezer for another meal. You can add almost any vegetables to the soup that you have in the fridge. Though there is nothing original in the food world I kind of made up this recipe as I went along by adding different spices to see what flavors would emerge. Whenever I tell my husband I am going to make this rather hodgepodge soup he cannot wait to eat it.
Lots of Greens in the soup
Instructions For Homemade Chicken Soup
- Brown the garlic and chicken breasts in enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat when completely cooked.
- Chop the chicken breasts in very small pieces and set aside.
- Boil the chicken stock and water. Add Olive oil.
- Throw in all the chopped vegetables and spices and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the vegetable mixture and cook for another 30 minutes.
- 4 Whole Skinless, Boneless chicken breasts
- Two Cans Low Sodium Chicken broth
- One Gallon Water
- Two cups Chopped Kale
- Two Cups Chopped Celery
- Two cups Chopped Carrots
- Two Cups Chopped Tomatoes
- One Cup Chopped Fennel
- One Cup Chopped Green Onions
- One-quarter Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- One-quarter Cup Grated Fresh Ginger
- Four Chopped garlic cloves
- Two Tablespoons Curry powder
- Two Tablespoons Oregano
- One Teaspoon Chile pepper
- One-quarter Cup Cider Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One-quarter Cup Olive Oil
Sprinkle fresh parsley over the soup and serve with crusty french bread. And you have a complete meal for homemade chicken soup recipe.
Try these other soup recipes
- Tomato Soup Recipes-From Scratch
Make this healthy tomato soup recipe and get your minimum daily requirement of vegetables.
- Soup Recipes: Butternut Squash and Kale Soup
Nothing is better than warm soup on a cold day. This soups has more than your daily vegetable requirement for the day. This recipe is suitable for a vegan diet.
- Vegan Recipe: Lentil Soup
A good bowl of soup is tasty in the summer and winter. In a short amount of time you can enjoy this easy vegan recipe of lentil soup.