- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Vegan Recipe-Lentil Soup
Easy Vegan Recipe: Lentil Soup
For strict vegans looking for a quick and easy dinner here is one of many easy vegan recipes. This quick and easy red lentil soup takes little time to prepare and a short amount of time to cook.You can make a huge pot of the soup and freeze whatever you don't use.
The soup will also keep in the refrigerator for up to three days. Don't let warm weather stop you from making this easy and economical soup, as lentils are good for all seasons. Take your pick of any different color lentils as they will all work well for this soup recipe. Lentils are filled with vitamins, minerals and fiber.
Some of the Ingredients For Vegan Soup Recipes
Ingredients For Lentil Soup
- 6 cups Red or any color lentils
- 2 quarts water
- 2 Cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup zuchinni, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons dehydrated onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Basil
- 1 Tablespoon Red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Pour lentils into two quarts of water and 1 cup of vegetable broth into a large pot.
- Cook for 1/2 hour and add olive oil, chopped vegetables and seasonings. Stir occasionally.
- Cook for 1/2 hour or until the lentils are tender. Taste the soup and add more spices and salt and pepper to your liking.
Serving Suggestions For Lentil Soup
This soup recipe with lentils make a hearty lunch or first course for dinner. Sprinkle a little dry Parmesan cheese on the top when serving for added flavor. The soup freezes well for future meals. And a green salad and some crusty bread and you will. have a feast. You can see what an easy vegan recipe of lentil soup is worth making. Get creative and try other veggies and spices.
Cook with Lentils
Try These Other Healthful Recipes
- Vegetarian Curry Recipe
Cook a vegetarian dinner with lentils and rice. Add some curry powder for taste. This is an inexpensive, healthy and delicious dish.
- Bean Soup: Make Easy White Bean Soup
Bean soup offer many health benefits in the way of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Add lots of different veggies to add taste and vitamins. And to boot, it is easy to make.
- The Best French Onion Soup Recipe: Thick and Delicious
Nothing better than a bowl of onion soup in hot or cold weather. The soup is easy to make and keeps for at least three days in the fridge. You will want to make this again and again.
- Easy Vegetarian Soup Recipes Made From Scratch
This is a delicious and quick cooking vegetarian soup. When you make your own soup from scratch you know exactly what ingredients are in the soup.