Refried Bean Burrito Recipe: A Vegetarian Family Dinner in Under 20 Minutes
I love to cook, but there are some nights after work that I would rather not spend more than 20 minutes in the kitchen. On those evenings, I like to have ingredients on hand for meals that can be prepared quickly and easily.
One of my favorite recipes for such an occasion is refried bean burritos. The best part is no one in my family complains that I didn't spend a long time making dinner because this meal tastes just as good as if I had. I hope you and your family will enjoy it too!
The bare essentials for making homemade refried bean burritos are the following:
- Refried beans (be sure they are vegetarian, many canned varieties contain animal lard)
- Shredded cheese
- Plain non-fat Greek yogurt (a healthy alternative to sour cream)
- Taco seasoning (How to make homemade taco seasoning)
Additional (Optional) Ingredients
If you'd like to "beef" up your bean burritos, I suggest adding the following ingredients, in addition to the necessary ingredients listed above:
- Baby spinach
- Diced tomatoes
- Sliced black olives
- Avocado, or guacamole
- Tortilla chips
- Heat refried beans in pan
- Add a little water (1-2 teaspoons) and taco seasoning to taste
- Lightly heat wrap & melt cheese in oven on low temperature or in microwave
- Add desired ingredients from above
- Fold outside edges of wrap in and then roll into a burrito
More Vegetarian Recipes by Veggie-mom
- Baked Potato Pizzas: A Healthy Dinner Your Whole Family Will Love
Twice baked potatoes mashed with broccoli, spinach, & carmelized onions, topped with chunky pizza sauce & melted cheese...make a delicious and inexpensive family dinner everyone will love!
- Quiche with Quinoa Crust: Your Going to Love this Healthy Alternative
This protein packed quiche recipe has eliminated the most fattening ingredient of a quiche, the crust, and replaced it with a super-healthy and delicious alternative, quinoa.
- What to Do With Tofu: Creative Ways to Prepare Bean Curd
Tofu is a great source of protein and a very versatile ingredient that can make many traditional recipes into a vegetarian delight. Read my hub to discover some new ways to cook with tofu and share some of your own ideas in the comments below.