- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- East Asian Cuisine
Sichuan Spiced Beef Shreds on Fried Noodles
Sichuan Spiced Beef with Fried Noodles
Sichuan Spiced Beef Threads
What are Bean Thread Noodles and how do you deep-fry them?
- Crispy Noodle And Chicken Salad Recipe Video by Ltkman | ifood.tv
Crispy Noodle And Chicken Salad recipe from ifood.tv. This is very easy dish. Bean thread or glass noodle it fast when you deep-fry. They will immediately puff up i
- Cellophane noodles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sichuan Spiced Beef Shreds on Fried Bean Thread Noodles
This Sichuan beef stir-fry can be made as spicy as you like by simply adjusting the number of dried chili peppers that are added during preparation. It also calls for flower peppercorns but they are optional.
In addition to the "Chinese Trinity" (garlic, ginger root and scallions), strips of bamboo shoots and bell peppers are added to give the dish some crunch.
The beef strips are marinated in soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch and sesame seed oil The sauce contains wine, sugar, soy sauce, chili oil and Chinese red vinegar.
Instead of serving it with rice, the mixture is poured over deep fried bean thread noodles.
You can also make this dish gluten free by using soy sauce, which isn’t made with wheat. I have added a link below to a site, which explains what to look for.
12 Oz. Beef Flank Steak (cut into thin slices across the grain while the meat is partially frozen)
2 Teaspoons Black Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Brown sugar
2 Teaspoons of Cornstarch
2 Teaspoons of Sesame Seed Oil
Mix in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
1 Teaspoon Minced Ginger Root
1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
3 Scallions (cut into 1-½ inch pieces and split in half lengthwise including the green part)
½ Cup Bamboo Shoots (cut into matchstick size strips0
½ Red Pepper (cut into ¼ inch strips)
2 Dried Chinese Chili Peppers (chopped including the seeds)
1 Tablespoons Black Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Dry White Wine
1 Tablespoon Chinese Red Vinegar
½ Teaspoons sugar
¼ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
2 Teaspoons Chili Oil (See my hub on Sichuan Eggplant)
¼ Teaspoon Flower Peppercorn Powder
1 Teaspoon Sesame Seed Oil to add at the end
1 Oz. of Bean Thread Noodles
2-3 Cups of Oil (depending upon the size of the pan in which the noodles are deep-fried)
- Heat the oil in a pan that is large enough that it will be less than half full once the bean thread noodles are added.
- Loosen the noodles by pulling them apart.
- Test the oil by dropping a small piece of noodle into the oil. It should immediately pop up and turn white.
- Deep-fry the noodles quickly on both sides and then drain them on paper towels.
- Add the beef slices half at a time and cook about 30 seconds until they turn white. Remove them with a strainer or slotted spoon and repeat with the second half.
- Transfer two tablespoons of oil to a large heavy frying pan and lightly brown the chili peppers, ginger root, garlic, scallions, Bamboo shoots and bell pepper strips.
- Then add in the sauce mixture and continue cooking until it begins to bubble.
- Finally, add the beef slices, flower peppercorns and sesame seed oil and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Finally, place the fried noodles on a serving plate and pour the meat mixture over them before serving.
What are some gluten free soy sauces?
- Recipes, Cooking Products and More for Home Cooks - Kikkoman : Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
If you're looking for gluten-free soy sauce, here's a list of the brands available.
Source for how to make Chili Oil
- Sichuan Eggplant in Chili Garlic Sauce
If you are looking for a vegetarian recipe that is spicy, hot and tasty, this is the one for you. Made with eggplant, garlic, chili peppers and chili oil with a touch of brown sugar for a little sweetness, it will leave you wanting more.
Frying Mung Bean Noodles
Crispy Sichuan Beef Shreds
Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan Provence
Map locating Sichuan Provence
More recipes by rjsadowski
- Sichuan Hot and Sour soup
Sichuan hot and sour soup is the perfect soup to warm you up on a cold winter day. Made with chicken broth, pork or chicken, bean curd, Chinese mushrooms, cloud ears, bamboo shoots and tiger lily buds it is a hearty soup and when you pour it over vin
- Sichuan Spicy Beef Stew (Chinese Comfort Food)
Sichuan has more beef dishes than most other Chinese provences and their spicy beef stew is considered to be comfort food. Made with star anise, Sichuan peppercorns and chili bean sauce it is slowly simmered until you get a tasty, spicy but not too h
- Sichuan Stir-fried Spiced Pork Strips
Sichuan stir-fried spiced pork strips is a perfect introduction to Sichuan style cooking. It is spicy without being numbingly hot and it is easy to make. You can use any lean boneless pork but pork loin works well and it is often on sale. You will ne
- Sichuan Kung Pao Chicken (Spicey Chicken with Peanut...
When you think of Sichuan food you usually think of Kung Pao chicken. Named after a Chinese government official who liked to serve peppery food, the level of heat is controlled by the number of dried chili peppers that you add - as many as eight. Thi
- Sichuan Spicey (Dan Dan) Noodles
Named after the bamboo shoulder pole (dan) that street venders used to carry their noodles and sauce, this is a classic Sichuan dish. Chinese lo mein noodles are mixed with a spicy sauce made with pork, sesame paste, chili oii, black vinegar and Sich
- Sichuan Sliced Chicken Breast Salad (Pong-pong Chick...
Hacked chicken usually refers to chicken that is cut into slices and served cold with some type of sauce poured over it. This recipe calls for poached chicken breasts cut into slices and laid out on a bed of cucumber slices and scallion slivers. Fina
- Sichuan Spicy Shrimp
This recipe for Sichuan spicy shrimp is easy to make and very tasty. The shrimp are marinated in a thin batter and then deep fried. They are then stir-fried in a spicy sauce made with ginger, scallions, garlic, chili peppers, ketchup and sesame seed
- Hunan - Chairman Mao's Red Cooked Pork Belly
Chairman Mao grew up in Hunan province and red-cooked pork belly was his favorite dish. A piece of lean pork belly is first parboiled and allowed to cool. Then it is cut into bite-sized chunks and red-cooked with soy sauce, cinnamon, star anise, ging
- Hunan Spicey Stir-fried Scallops (Lake Dongting Scal...
Lake Dongting,in norteastern Hunan province, is the second largest fresh water lake in China. This recipe for preparing scallops has a delicious sauce made with mandarin orange peel, chili peppers, ketchup, black soy sauce, garlic and ginger. The sca
- Hunan Chicken & Broccoli in Ginger Wine Sauce (Gener...
Named after General Tso Tsung-tang, this dish was either created by a Hunan chef in Taiwan or by Chinese chefs in New York City. Either way, it is still one of the most popular Hunan dishes in America. Made with crispy boneless chicken in a spicy sau