- Food and Cooking
5 minute hummus recipe
Great as a dip, spread, or meal starter!
Getting your children to eat healthy is no easy task but for this mom, it is a priority. Over time, I have found recipes that they enjoy and are so easy to make....this hummus dip is certainly one of them!
The main ingredient in hummus is garbanzo beans. Garbanzo beans are well known for their fiber content, their digestive support, and even for craving reduction!
This recipe can be made in only 5 minutes by using canned garbanzo beans! Let's face it, not everyone has a handy supply of tahini paste so feel free to substitute peanut butter.
You can jazz this recipe adding any of the following:
- 1/4 cup of jalepenos
- 3 tablespoons of horseradish (my favorite--not the kids though)
- 1/4 cup of red peppers
- Anything you like can easily be added!
Want to try more easy snack recipes?
You already bought the beans...so try them toasted for a quick and easy snack!
Click Here to Find the Recipe for Red Pepper and Zucchini Cakes. They are similiar to those found in restaurants but way better!
Try this Baked Kale Recipe! It is Salty, Crunchy, and a great substitute for Potato Chips!
Homemade Tortillas/Flatbreads have 4 ingredients! Click Here to read more!
Want to make a healthier version of a corndog? Check out this recipe for Corndog Cupcakes!
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained, reserve liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste, (or peanut butter!)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Add all ingredients into blender or food processor. Slowly add reserved liquid until the hummus is at your desired texture.
- Serve and Enjoy!