Corn Dog Cupcake Recipe
Kids and Adults Both LOVE this snack!
Yes, you read the title of this correctly. This recipe is, in fact, for Corn Dog Cupcakes. My children LOVE getting corn dogs at the fair and I love making things that they enjoy at home. I am becoming more conscious about the foods that I feed them SO I have been finding ways to alter and tweak recipes. My first attempt at a "traditional corndog" was an epic failure. It was messy and I had to deep fry them. I went back to the drawing board and came up with these cute cupcakes. I have fed them to my children as well as taken them to parties and they are always a hit!
Easy to Customize
Just like at the Fair, everyone wants something different on theirs!
- You can add cheese and/or onions to the batter
- Add bacon!
- Make a special FROSTING!
- Mayonnaise, Mustard, and Maple Syrup mixed together make a great frosting!
- Chili and Cream Cheese Frosting makes this a chili dog cupcake
THE OPTIONS ARE ENDLESS!!!
This recipe is so easy because it requires little to no effort. You can make it with a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin MIx and your favorite hot dogs!
Looking for More Great Recipes?
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup milk, (any- I made mine with Soy)
- 5 hotdogs, cut into pieces (any- turkey, chicken, kosher-even vegetarian!)
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons sugar
Just a few short steps
- Grease your muffin pans and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix as Directed and add the sugar to the batter.
- Fill your muffin cups half way with batter
- Add the cut up hot dogs to the batter
- Bake until a toothpick or fork comes out clean from the center of the muffin.
- Let the cupcakes rest for 5-10 minutes before taking them out of the muffin tin.
- Enjoy as is or top with a specialty icing!