South Indian Quick Recipe : Cheera Thoran (Spinach Coconut Stir Fry)
Do you find this an easy recipe?
- Spinach - 2 Cup (Chopped)
- Coconut - 1/2 Cup (Grated)
- Shallots - 3 Nos. (Chopped)
- Green Chilli - 2 Nos. (Chopped)
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Coconut Oil or Vegetable Oil - 2 Tablespoon
Please make sure that you wash spinach well before chopping. As a part of cleaning it well, soak it in a mixture of 3 Litres of water, 1 Teaspoon turmeric powder and 2 Tablespoon salt for about 1hour. Spinach can sometimes contain pesticides.
- Heat a non stick pan.
- Pour 2 table spoon oil.
- Put the mustard seeds when the oil is hot. Allow them to splatter.
- Put the shallots, green chilly and turmeric powder. Sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped spinach.
- Add salt to taste.
- Mix well and cook for 1 minute in high flame with the lid.
- Put the grated coconut into this.
- Mix it well and take out of the flame.
Other links you might be interested in
- All About Spinach. Check it Out!
Spinach is kind of vegetables known by the scientific name Amaranthus spp (in Greek, Amaranth means eternal). Spinach was originally known as an ornamental plant. But after many people recognize the benefit of spinach for health and contain various n
- Kang Kong (or Water Spinach) - A Highly Nutritional ...
Commonly known as Kang Kong in Papua New Guinea and in the Asian region, the scientific name of this semi-aquatic tropical plant, the leaf of which is edible and a delicacy is Ipomoea Aquatica. The English name is water spinach or water morning...
- Quick Recipe : Carrot Thoran
A quick veggie recipe with thing you can easily find in your kitchen - Carrot, Coconut, Onion, Green Chilly!
- Traditional Kerala Style Fish Moilee
A Traditional Kerala Style Fish Moilee that can be served with chappathi, naan, roti or rice!
- Quick Recipe : Kerala Style Egg Curry
A traditional kerala style preperation of Egg Curry that goes well with Chappathi, Appam and even Rice!
- Indian Herbs and Spices
This hub provides a glossary of indian herbs and spices common in Indian cooking.
- Health Benefits of Juicing Spinach
The health benefits of juicing spinach are many. Spinach is full of valuable vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.