- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Spicy puffed rice ( Jhaal Mudi )
Puffed rice is a famous east Indian recipe. It is known as jhal mudi in eastern India (basically the bengal region), Pori in south India and murmure in other pats of India. Basically it has a diffrenet name in every different region of India., It is made by steaming rice.
Puffed rice is one of the most famous street foods in Mumbai, Orissa and Bengal. Even though it is used more for snacks, it is served in some parts of India as an offering to the Lord in the temples.
This snack is one of the most easiest and fastest snack I have ever cooked. I do not use cilantro my recipe because I cannot bear the smell of raw cilantro leaves.
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 1 green chili, chopped in small pieces ( the amount of chili can be increased or decreased as per taste)
- salt, as per taste
- 1 boiled potato, chopped in small pieces
- 1/4 spoon chaat masala, as per taste
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped in small pieces
- 1 tomato, chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 onion, chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 carrot, chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 tsp mustard oil, optional
- 1/4 peanuts, roasted
- 1/4 cup sev, found in any Indian market
- 1/4 cup coconut, chopped in small pieces
- Add all the ingredients excepting the mustard oil with the puffed rice and mix well.
- Once the ingredients are mixed, add the mustard oil and mix again. Serve immediately. Mustard oil is exceptional, I do not use mustard oil whenever I prepare puffed rice.
|Serving size: 2|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Jhaal Muri (Spicy Puffed Rice)
- Easy,delicious and healthy Halva recipes-nutrient an...
US is a home away from home. As much as we love celebrating our Indian festivals here, we get the same pleasure when we celebrate the festivals those in US…Come October and my house gets busy gearing itself for the upcoming fests…my husband...
- Veggie rice quinoa baby food recipe ( khichdi recipe...
A healthy and nutritious food for toddlers. Mixed with the goodness of quinoa, kale , sweet potato and rice. Rich source of protein, iron and omega 3.
- Spicy, tasty Shrimp biryani or prawn biryani
Tasty Shrimp biryani
- different types of tasty and healthy rice recipes
Learn how to cook rice in different ways,easy and tasty recipes not to forget the nutritional value.
- Illish maach bengali style ( milk fish recipe)
Easy illish maach in mustard gravy
- Weekend special- spicy tasty mutton/ lamb curry
spicy lamb curry
- Coconut Chutney
Easy coconut chutney which is simple, quick and healthy. To be used a side dish.