Spinach and Dill Tofu Tacos
Dill makes these Tofu Tacos pop with unique flavor
If you love tacos, you will love this recipe. Granted, it may not be like the original beef, cheese and sour cream tacos, but trust me, you will love these. They are amazingly tasty, filling, fun to eat and best of all... healthy.
Now I won't lie, when I tell people about this recipe the majority of people look at me like I'm crazy, or come right out and ask my why I would want to ruin a taco with spinach. When I have them try one, they are amazed by not only how good it is, but that they actually love them and want more. This recipe came to me while I was sitting watching TV hungry, and oddly enough not hungry at all. It literally popped into my head like this: “Remember that tofu scramble you made? Wouldn't it be genius to make it with spinach and turn it in to a taco?” The next day I pulled out the stuff and went to work.
- Start to Brown onions in olive oil
- Rough chop the tofu – add dill, salt, pepper and oregano
- Mix together to crumble it with a fork
- When the onions are about halfway browned – add the tofu mixture (if you want the onions to stay firm, add the onions and tofu mixture at the same time.)
- Cook until the tofu is browned
- Add spinach and one tab butter– cover and cook until the spinach is cooked
- Build the taco with the spinach tofu mixture- top with chopped tomato and sprinkle Parmesan
Check out some other great healthy recipes:
A hearty soup that is made with tons of Ginger, favorite vegetables and hearty lentils. A favorite in my house durning the winter, or even just on damp rainy days. It freezes really well, so you can make a big batch and take some out to heat up whenever you want.
This is a quick meal, or even a side dish that everyone will love. The essence of ginger with spinach is one of my favorite, and served over hearty brown rices will fill hungry bellies. This is a great recipe for busy week nights or even leftovers for lunch the next day.
Mixing vegetables and fruit is always a fun way to make meals, and adding ginger just makes it that much better. This is a nice hearty meal that tastes amazing and fills you up. The crisp apples against the flavorful spinach with pops of ginger is hard for anyone to resist.