- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Delicious Spinach or Broccoli and Bacon Quiche
When ever I make quiche, I make two. For three reasons: A) because people love it, B) because certain people in my family prefer different fillings, and C) because the pie crusts come in packs of two, he he. I used to use a whole packet of bacon in each pie, but then my conscience got the better of me, ha ha. I usually make one with broccoli and bacon and one with spinach and bacon. Everybody seems to like these two over my sausage and onion one. You can play around with the recipe by adding a different meat, vegetable, etc. The recipe is otherwise the same. This recipe is for one pie. People love quiche so be sure to make plenty and enjoy! :)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 3/4 cups broccoli florets or chopped spinach
- 6 oz (half a pack) bacon, frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill
- 4oz cheese, parmesan, romano, mozzarella, cheddar
- 4 eggs
- 1 pie crust, deep dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Take the frozen pack of bacon and run it under tap water for one minute in order to loosen the meat from the plastic. Take the bacon out of the plastic and cut the bacon width-wise in quarter inch strips. Fry the bacon and keep pushing apart the pieces of bacon with your cooking spoon as they begin to separate on their own. Fry the bacon until it is *almost* burned. You should end up with bacon bits.
- In a big bowl mix broccoli florets or chopped spinach, heavy cream, shredded mix of cheeses, salt, pepper, nutmeg, dill, and bacon.
- You can taste the mix at this point to decide if you want to add more dill, nutmeg, salt or pepper. Then add the eggs and mix.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust
- Bake @350 for 35 min
- Stick a knife or fork in the quiche- if it comes out clean, it is done. If not, bake for another 5 minutes.
Other great baking recipes
- Flavor Blast Lasagne Cups
Lasagne cups are nothing new. Although if you like your food very flavorful like me or my family, then this is the recipe for you. My family loves this recipe. They especially liked the use of the wonton wraps, which gave the Lasagne cups a crispy bo
- Sweet and Tangy Apple Pie
I like this recipe because the lemon juice makes the taste remind me of sherbet and I love sherbet!It was also a hit with the family and I had to share it here.
- Michelle's Banging Chicken Pot Pie
My husband loves chicken pot pie and so I borrowed from some great recipes and then did a little improvisation and Voila! It was, in my husband' words, "banging!!"