Summertime Lunch Ideas - Creamy Chicken, Leek and Pea Pasta Recipe
Rate this recipe
About this recipe
When the weather starts heating up, my appetite tends to do the opposite, I tend not to want big heavy hot meals and I crave lighter dishes and salads. Lunch time is often difficult as I don't want a big meal, so I am in a very bad habit of just skipping it, which is not good for me or my body. Or if I am at work I will just pick up packed sandwiches or pre made pasta dishes, which aren't great for my wallet and can get a little repetitive.
This recipe is light and fresh and perfect for the warm summer months. Although it is technically a hot meal it could just as easily be chilled and eaten as a pasta salad dish instead, meaning its great if you need ideas for a packed lunch during work or school. The sauce is light and creamy and really compliments the delicate taste of the leeks and peas.
I made this dish for me and my husband last week so the recipe is only written for 2, but if you wanted it for more just multiply the ingredients as needed. This recipe would be a huge hit with all the family too, as children will love it, especially if you make it with spaghetti!
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: 2 portions
What you'll need to make your creamy chicken, leek and pea pasta
- 2 Chicken Breasts, Chopped
- 1 Large Leek, Sliced
- 100g Frozen Peas
- 100ml Single Cream
- 50g Grated Parmesan, (plus a little extra to garnish)
- 150g Dried Pasta, (we used tripoline)
How to make this tasty dish
- Heat a little oil in a pan and start frying the chicken pieces. Whilst that is cooking start cooking the pasta in a large pot of boiling water
- Once the pasta has been boiling for 5 minutes add the leeks. Then in a further 5 minutes add the peas
- Make sure you keep an eye on your chicken so it doesn't burn, once it is cooked remove it from the heat
- Once the pasta is fully cooked, drain the water and return the pasta, leek and peas to the pot. Add in the chicken pieces, the cream and the parmesan and mix well
- Split the pasta between 2 big bowls, top with a little extra grated cheese and enjoy!
More Great Chicken Recipes
- Couples Cookbook - Teriyaki Chicken Freezer Crockpot...
Freezer crockpot cooking is a great new method of preparing and cooking healthy meals. This Chicken Teriyaki recipe is perfect for busy working couples.
- Garlic Chicken Recipe - A Freezer to Crockpot Frien...
This is a great simple freezer crockpot cooking recipe for Garlic Chicken. Tailored to couples, just multiply for more. Really yummy, cheap, helathy and filling!
- Peanut Butter Chicken Recipe
A family friendly, slow cooker recipe for a totally tasty and super filling chicken dish, made with peanut butter! Cheap and flavourful! You'll be longing to make it again!
- 5 Great Syn Free Slimming World Chicken Recipes
If your following the Slimming World Diet you are no doubt on the look out for some great tasty recipes to keep you eating well. Here are 5 great Slimming World Chicken recipes, which are all syn free
- Honey Sesame Chicken Freezer Crockpot Recipe
This is a great simple aromatic recipe for Honey Sesame Chicken which you can make in the crockpot. It works for freezer crockpot cooking too and is perfect for busy working couples
- Chicken Breast Slowly Braised in Smoky Bacon Sauce R...
Looking for a filling meal for all the family, cooked with fresh whole ingredients? This recipe for chicken in a smokey bacon sauce, is made in the slow cooker and is bursting with flavour.